This roasted butternut squash is so simple to prepare, it feels like cheating because it is so tasty! It gets this little bit of crisp on the outside, and sweet soft middle. And the combination of thyme and butternut squash is classic for good reason! Yum!
Roasted Butternut Squash
Yield 4-6 servings
- 2 lbs butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into 1½” pieces
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp fresh thyme, chopped (or dried thyme)
- salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425F. Line a baking sheet with tin foil.
- Melt coconut oil. Toss with butternut squash and thyme. Spread out onto prepared baking sheet.
- Place squash in oven. Bake for 30-35 minutes, until slightly browned and tender. Shake pan (and maybe flip squash chunks) every ten minutes during baking.