Recipes for quick weeknight meals are so essential when following the Paleo diet. Knowing what you can quickly whip up when you get home late from work starving, or when the kids’ soccer games go into overtime, can make the difference between staying on course or derailing via the closes drive-thru window. Especially when you know that quick meal is going to be ridiculously delicious!
This is one of my favorite quick meals: a couple of bags of broccoli slaw and some pre-cooked salad shrimp get magically transformed into this Paleo-adaptation of a take-out favorite, all in under 20 minutes. You can even use frozen shrimp, with a mere extra minute or two of cooking time. To make this Autoimmune Protocol-friendly, simply omit the chopped cashews at the end.
200+ Healthy and Delicious Recipes
20 Meal Plans for a variety of goals
I LOVE this book. The science is awesome. I’ve learned a ton without feeling overwhelmed. The paleo principles just takes my understanding to the next level!!!Janet
Paleo Shrimp Pad Thai Recipe
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Serves: 2 to 3
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil or other cooking fat
- ¼ cup fish sauce
- 6 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 12-oz bags broccoli slaw (8 to 10 cups)
- 2-3 large carrots, julienned or thickly grated
- 12-16 oz salad shrimp, precooked and tails off
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2-3 green onions, sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped roasted unsalted cashews (omit for AIP)
- Heat a large frying pan or wok over medium-high heat. Add coconut oil, fish sauce, lime juice, garlic, broccoli slaw and julienned carrot. Cook stirring frequently until broccoli slaw and carrot are cooked al dente, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add shrimp and cook 2-3 minutes just until shrimp are warmed. Add cilantro and green onions, cook 30 more seconds.
- Garnish with chopped cashews.