On this episode of The Paleo View, Stacy and Sarah host the ultimate myth-busting discussion, touching on ketosis, veggie phobia, iodine consumption, thyroid disease and MORE!
Click here to be taken to iTunes
or download and listen by clicking the PodBean Player below
If you enjoy the show, please review it in iTunes!
The Paleo View (TPV), Episode 134, Paleo Myth-busters – Iodine and Thyroid Disease
- Intro (0:00)
- News and Views (0:56)
- Sarah is getting ready for her upcoming keynote presentation at the Nutrition Therapy Association conference
- Long time listeners of the show may know that Sarah is not a fan of ketogenic diets and will presenting on this at the upcoming Paleo f(x), which has caused a bit of a stir
- Why eliminating nutrient-rich foods from a diet can hurt you, and how this often goes hand-in-hand with very low carb
- How to evaluate food beyond macros and why it is vital to do so
- Veggie phobia – what has sparked it and how to better understand the studies that debunk these claims
- The Paleo Approach provides further information on all these topics
- The five part series on fiber on Sarah’s site is also a great resource for information
- And be sure to also check out this post for information on goitrogenic vegetables
- Science with Sarah (34:46)
- Iodine and the two elimination recommendations that those with thyroid diseases receive
- Why is iodine important?
- How much do you need?
- Questions and Answers (46:56)
- Julie – is Stacy’s consumption of iodized salt safe for her recent diagnosis?
- Bianca – is cardio the best way to reduce belly fat? And should I supplement with iodine if I am thyroid-less?
- Mark – can I make my own iodized salt?
- Outro (1:10:21)