On this episode of The Paleo View, Stacy and Sarah host the ultimate myth-busting discussion, touching on ketosis, veggie phobia, iodine consumption, thyroid disease and MORE!
Click here to be taken to iTunes
or download and listen by clicking the PodBean Player below
Nutrivore Weekly Serving Matrix
An easy-to-use and flexible weekly checklist
to help you maximize nutrient-density.
The Weekly Serving Matrix is very helpful! I’ve been eating along these lines but this really helps me know where to focus vs. which foods serve a more secondary role. It’s super helpful and has taken a lot of worry out of my meal planning. Thanks!
If you enjoy the show, please review it in iTunes!
The Paleo View (TPV), Episode 134, Paleo Myth-busters – Iodine and Thyroid Disease
- Intro (0:00)
- News and Views (0:56)
- Sarah is getting ready for her upcoming keynote presentation at the Nutrition Therapy Association conference
- Long time listeners of the show may know that Sarah is not a fan of ketogenic diets and will presenting on this at the upcoming Paleo f(x), which has caused a bit of a stir
- Stacy and Sarah also shared on this topic in a similar capacity at the Ancestral Health Symposium 2014, which you can watch here
- Sarah also spoke on this topic on The Livin La Vida Low Carb Show
- Why this is upsetting people
- Why eliminating nutrient-rich foods from a diet can hurt you, and how this often goes hand-in-hand with very low carb
- How to evaluate food beyond macros and why it is vital to do so
- Veggie phobia – what has sparked it and how to better understand the studies that debunk these claims
- The Paleo Approach provides further information on all these topics
- The five part series on fiber on Sarah’s site is also a great resource for information
- And be sure to also check out this post for information on goitrogenic vegetables
- Science with Sarah (34:46)
- Iodine and the two elimination recommendations that those with thyroid diseases receive
- Why is iodine important?
- How much do you need?
- Questions and Answers (46:56)
- Julie – is Stacy’s consumption of iodized salt safe for her recent diagnosis?
- Bianca – is cardio the best way to reduce belly fat? And should I supplement with iodine if I am thyroid-less?
- Mark – can I make my own iodized salt?
- Outro (1:10:21)
Become a Member for FREE!
The Paleo Mom Members’ Area is resource central!
You’ll get FREE, unlimited access to dozens of quality resources, including introductory series, downloadable e-books, exclusive recipes, printables, videos and guides!
You may enjoy these related posts:
TPV Podcast Episode 377: Common Misconceptions about the AIP
On this week’s episode, Stacy and Sarah revisit the basic points of the …
Cruciferous Vegetables and Thyroid Disease
The thyroid gland produces hormones that control metabolism as well as influence …
TPV Podcast Episode 371: Postpartum Thyroiditis
On this week’s episode, Sarah and Stacy discuss thyroid health before, during …
TPV Podcast, Episode 112: Magdalena Wszelaki
On this episode of The Paleo View, Stacy and Sarah are joined by Magdalena …
TPV Podcast, Episode 126: More on Autoimmune Diseases: Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis
On this episode of The Paleo View, Stacy and Sarah discuss autoimmune diseases …
TPV Podcast, Episode 53: Fat-Phobia
In this episode, Stacy and Sarah are joined by Jimmy from Livin’ La Vida Low …
TPV Podcast, Episode 160, Sugar Q & A
On this episode of The Paleo View, Stacy and Sarah host a follow-up discussion …
TPV Podcast, Episode 48: Paleo Philosophy
In this episode, Stacy and Sarah launch their three part series discussing Paleo …
TPV Podcast Episode 365: Does Paleo Cause Heart Disease?
On this week’s episode, Stacy and Sarah dig into a study that was recently …
TPV Podcast, Episode 130: Homegrown & Diana Rodgers
On this episode of The Paleo View, Stacy and Sarah are joined by a return guest, …
TPV Podcast, Episode 187, Genetic Disposition for Disease
On this episode of The Paleo View, Stacy and Sarah discuss genetics versus …
TPV Podcast, Episode 163, The Common Concerns for Paleo Newbies
On this episode of The Paleo View, Stacy and Sarah discuss some of the common …