In episode 497 of The Whole View podcast, Stacy and Dr. Sarah discuss the benefits of living an active lifestyle, the difference between moderate and vigorous intensity activity, the importance of movement breaks during the day, how much exercise to aim for each week, and new science showing even a few seconds of exercise has benefits.
If you enjoy the show, please review it on iTunes
Join Our Patreon!
Come join our Patreon family! You can support The Whole View podcast and hear what Dr. Sarah and Stacy really think about this topic in this week’s exclusive and uncensored behind-the-scenes bonus audio. We love connecting with our Patrons! It’s a direct line to submit your questions for upcoming shows, plus you also get access to some cool features like weekly bonus episodes and quarterly live video Q&As where you can ask Dr. Sarah and Stacy anything!
Recommended Reading and Listening
- The Importance of Exercise
- The Benefits of Gentle Movement
- Why Exercising Too Much Hurts Your Gut
- Balancing Physical Activity with Rest: How Do We Get It Right?
- TPV Podcast, Episode 151: Exercise Performance & Gut Health
- TPV Podcast, Episode 155: Breaking the Sedentary Habit
- TPV Podcast, Episode 132: The Too Much of Exercise
- TPV Podcast, Episode 47: Exercise
A 12‐Week Physical and Cognitive Exercise Program Can Improve Cognitive Function and Neural Efficiency in Community‐Dwelling Older Adults: A Randomized Controlled Trial – Nishiguchi – 2015 – Journal of the American Geriatrics Society – Wiley Online Library
Systematic review and meta-analysis of reduction in all-cause mortality from walking and cycling and shape of dose response relationship | International Journal of Behavioral Nutrition and Physical Activity | Full Text