On this episode of The Paleo View, Stacy and Sarah kick off a new series on the show – Paleo myth busting, and focus on the topic of liver health.
Listen in iTunes
or download and listen by clicking the PodBean Player below
Nutrivore Weekly Serving Matrix
An easy-to-use and flexible weekly checklist
to help you maximize nutrient-density.
The Weekly Serving Matrix is very helpful! I’ve been eating along these lines but this really helps me know where to focus vs. which foods serve a more secondary role. It’s super helpful and has taken a lot of worry out of my meal planning. Thanks!Jan
If you enjoy the show, please review it in iTunes!
The Paleo View (TPV), Episode 131, Liver Health
- Intro (0:00)
- News and Views (0:56)
- Welcome everyone!
- Last week’s show with Diana Rodgers on homesteading if you haven’t yet checked it out
- Stacy’s health
- Blood work
- Results from the biopsy
- Liver challenges and how to support living function
- Sarah’s frustrations with how long it took to unveil her diagnosis and how she is channeling that frustration
- Starting with this week’s show Stacy and Sarah will be doing some Paleo myth busting themes, and this week will be on liver health
- The garbage on the internet and how to filter fact versus opinion
- Science with Sarah (23:03)
- Liver detoxification and how it works
- Phase one versus phase two of detoxification and what nutrients are needed throughout each of the phases
- Selective IGA deficiencies
- The link between gallbladder and liver health
- Where Stacy is at with her testing and diagnosis
- Questions & Answers (55:07)
- Andrea – good idea or bad idea to follow a specific liver detox protocol?
- Stephanie – do people need a cleanse when sticking to real food? (1:03:38)
- If you enjoyed this first show of the Paleo myth busters series please let us know – while we have a list on future topics, we would love to know what you want to hear about
- Please don’t forget to either refresh and/or leave a review here
- Feel free to leave comments on these posts if you have additional questions or want to drop us a note
- Outro (1:16:15)