In this episode, Stacy and Sarah are joined by the much requested Juli from PaleOMG! She’s the proprietor of an excellent and entertaining blog and she’s an authority on how to make Paleo work when you are living by yourself as a single girl. Have questions on cooking and living by yourself? She’s the authority!
Listen in iTunes
or download and listen by clicking the PodBean player below
Nutrivore Weekly Serving Matrix
An easy-to-use and flexible weekly checklist
to help you maximize nutrient-density.
The Weekly Serving Matrix is very helpful! I’ve been eating along these lines but this really helps me know where to focus vs. which foods serve a more secondary role. It’s super helpful and has taken a lot of worry out of my meal planning. Thanks!
If you enjoy the show, please review it in iTunes!
The Paleo View (TPV), Episode 24: Advice From a Single Lady
- 0:00 – Introduction
- 1:19 – News and Views
- Juli is from PaleOMG where she has a terrific blog where she shares great recipes. Follow her on Twitter, Like her on Facebook, Follow her Pinterest, Buy her book!
- Congratulations to Sarah for a great launch of her book, as well!
- Go check out Sarah’s giveaway, too!
- And one more book, Beyond Bacon!
- Sarah’s organ meat recipes
- Sarah’s explanation of why organ meats are important
- 17:19 – Science with Sarah: What to eat post workout
- Wait… what’s glycogen?
- Glycogen replenishment with water
- 24 hour increased protein synthesis
- 24 hour increased insulin production
- Stacy’s gym is NOVA Crossfit
- Check out Stacy’s workout pictures on Instagram and Facebook!
- 39:38 – Questions and Answers
- Juli’s Facebook Page
- 40:17 – What are some quick and easy Paleo snack?
- 46:21 – What is a good protein snack for close personal contact?
- Applegate Farms Chicken Apple Sausages
- Egg Muffins
- Mint Teas
- 49:21 – What inspires you to cook for only one?
- 55:56 – Any tips for a single mom?
- 1:06:54 – How did you learn to cook Paleo style?
- Morning Glory Muffins
- Our favorite food shows: Alton Brown, Aarti Party
- Our “Paleoize-this” Pinterest walls: Paleo Parents, The Paleo Mom, PaleOMG
- 1:19:41 – Do you bring your crushes food attempting to lure them in with your cooking skills?
- Check out Primal Palate, who started their blog together shortly after they started dating
- Caramel Coffee Bars
- 1:31:44 – Outro
Become a Member for FREE!
The Paleo Mom Members’ Area is resource central!
You’ll get FREE, unlimited access to dozens of quality resources, including introductory series, downloadable e-books, exclusive recipes, printables, videos and guides!
You may enjoy these related posts:
TPV Episode 26 Show Notes: The Best of the Paleo View
In this episode, Sarah had no internet for days and days so we’ve put together a …
TPV Podcast, Episode 94: Almost There, We Swear
In this episode of The Paleo View, Sarah and Stacy check in on their progress on …
The Paleo Kitchen Sneak Peek – Four Layer Beef and Bacon Casserole
I am so excited to be able to share this special sneak peek recipe from The …
TPV Podcast, Episode 282: Foods for Rheumatoid Arthritis and Joint Health
In this episode, Stacy and Sarah discuss joint health and rheumatoid arthritis …
Book Review: The Paleo Kitchen by Juli Bauer and George Bryant
This review was written by my assistant Christina. George Bryant of Civilized …
TPV Episode 38 Show Notes: Let’s Gather
In this episode, Stacy and Sarah invite Bill Staley and Hayley Mason of The Food …
TPV Episode 19 Show Notes: Live Guests
In this episode, we invite our first ever listener guests! Meet Jeanine, a …
TPV Episode. 206, Sleep Hygiene
In this episode, Stacy and Sarah discuss the importance of sleep and sleep …
TPV Episode 2 Show Notes: The Autoimmune Protocol
In this episode, Stacy and Sarah are both on the autoimmune protocol of the …
A Hanukkah Round Up, Paleo Style!
This post was written by my assistant Tamar. Hanukkah, oh Hanukkah, come light …
TPV Episode 7 Show Notes: Paleo Pregnancy
In this episode, Stacy and Sarah are joined by women in the various stages of …
TPV Episode 35 Show Notes: Paleo Convenience Foods
First of all, a warm welcome to the newest Paleo Parents Team member, Monica of …