In this episode, it’s all about the gallbladder! Stacy doesn’t have one and shares her experiences and how it was certainly linked to gluten intolerance. We invite over the nutritionist who convinced her to use supplements to make up for her gall functions, Diana Rodgers of Radiance Nutrition!
Listen in iTunes
or download and listen by clicking the PodBean player below
Nutrivore Weekly Serving Matrix
An easy-to-use and flexible weekly checklist
to help you maximize nutrient-density.
The Weekly Serving Matrix is very helpful! I’ve been eating along these lines but this really helps me know where to focus vs. which foods serve a more secondary role. It’s super helpful and has taken a lot of worry out of my meal planning. Thanks!
If you enjoy the show, please review it in iTunes!
The Paleo View (TPV), Episode 16: The Gallbladder Show
- 0:00 – Introduction
- 1:18 – News and Views
- Poor Sarah had her Thanksgiving with Influenza A
- To find out more about our Paleo/vegan Thanksgivings, see this year’s post and last year’s
- Stacy occasionally posts about our “friendly competition” on our Facebook page
- We do make our own candies and treats for friends for the holidays.
- Stacy’s post on Balanced Bites
- Sarah’s post on Paleo Parents
- Stacy’s How to Enjoy Bacon Without a Gallbladder
- 15:22 – Science with Sarah: What is a Gallbladder and Does React Poorly to Gluten?
- Wikipedia on Gallbladder
- There is definitely a published and accepted link between celiac and gallbladder disease
- A good overview from Celiac.org
- Gallbladder disease presents even in otherwise asymptomatic celiacs
- The most common test for celiac is blood analysis for gliadin (a gluten associated protein) antibodies. On a gluten-free diet, no antibodies would be produced.
- An article that mentions the link between malabsorption and insatiable carbohydrate cravings
- 23:00 – Questions and answers
- Our guest is Diana Rodgers, who really helped Stacy when she was debating supplementing. Her Nutrition practice can be found at Radiance Nutrition, and her blog is a Sustainable Dish. She was also the host of the Sustainable Feast during AHS.
- 25:22 – Does you body need a gallbladder?
- 29:30 – What changes after removing your gallbladder and how can you deal with it?
- Practical Paleo! Definitely check out the poop parade as illustrated by Alex Boake!
- Beta Plus by Biotics
- 33:49 – What foods do you recommend for fats after having your gallbladder out?
- Definitely make your own animal fats!
- Coconut Oil
- 38:44 – Do you recommend any supplements for living without a gallbladder?
- I think you mean B-12, Stacy? The most active ingredient in Red Bull!
- Why ox bile? Because it is chemically similar to human bile, surprising. Taurine, an extract from ox bile is also an active ingredient in Red Bull!
- And to keep the trifecta, Glucuronolactone is found most prevalently in bone broths and is a third active ingredient in Red Bull! So I guess I should chug the stuff, right?
- The Stomach Acid Connection
- Diane’s post on Stomach Acid
- 49:13 – Is it true the you need to go low fat or vegetarian because of gallbladder issues?
- The link Stacy is talking about.
- Eating Academy posts on cholesterol
- The Weston A. Price Foundation (presided over by Sally Fallon, who we visited)
- Eat Fat, Lose Fat
- 57:51 – What should you do if you’re having issues after surgery?
- Paleo View Episode 13 includes a Science Segment on cross reactivity
- Gluten Cross Reactivity by Sarah
- 1:02:00 – Can you dissolve gallstones?
- Have at all these articles on LiveStrong on dissolving gallstones. I assure you that neither EPO nor anabolics are in here.
- 1:12:23 – Happy email
- 1:17:30 – Outro
Become a Member for FREE!
The Paleo Mom Members’ Area is resource central!
You’ll get FREE, unlimited access to dozens of quality resources, including introductory series, downloadable e-books, exclusive recipes, printables, videos and guides!
You may enjoy these related posts:
The Link Between Gallbladder Disease and Gluten Sensitivity
(Created as a guest post for Paleo Parents.) Celiac disease is estimated to …
TPV Podcast, Episode 256: Live Show Part 2
In this episode, we bring you the second edition of our live show! We take live …
TPV Podcast, Episode 131: Liver Health
On this episode of The Paleo View, Stacy and Sarah kick off a new series on the …
TPV Podcast, Episode 130: Homegrown & Diana Rodgers
On this episode of The Paleo View, Stacy and Sarah are joined by a return guest, …
TPV Episode 2 Show Notes: The Autoimmune Protocol
In this episode, Stacy and Sarah are both on the autoimmune protocol of the …
TPV Podcast Episode 213, What Do I Do After a Bad Reaction?
In this episode, Stacy and Sarah talk about how to avoid and how to recover from …
TPV Episode 8 Show Notes: Paleo on the Road
In this episode, Stacy and Sarah answer your questions on how to live Paleo in a …
TPV Podcast, Episode 294: Live Show: Ask Us Anything!
In this episode, Stacy and Sarah were hanging out together and decided to answer …
TPV Episode 26 Show Notes: The Best of the Paleo View
In this episode, Sarah had no internet for days and days so we’ve put together a …
TPV Podcast, Episode 104: AHS Recap
On this episode of The Paleo View, Stacy and Sarah share on their 2014 Ancestral …
TPV Episode 29 Show Notes: Weight Loss with Paleo, Part 3
In this episode, Stacy and Sarah talk about losing weight again, one of our most …
TPV Podcast, Episode 257: Live Show Part 3
In this episode, we bring you the third installment of our live show! We take …