This granola is another great alternative to eggs for breakfast in the morning. I love it by itself just like a trail mix. Your family might find it hard not to grab a handful when they walk past the jar! There are lots of different recipes for Paleo granola out there, but mine reflects the tastes of my family, none of whom like dried fruit in their granola. If you would like to add dried fruit to yours, just mix it in right when you pull the pan out of the oven, then let it cool it the pan.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
- 2 cups Sliced Almonds
- 2 cups Unsweetend Coconut Flakes
- 1 cup Raw Sunflower Seeds
- 1 cup Raw Pepitas (Shelled Pumpkin Seeds)
- ¼ cup Honey
- 1/3 cup Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Ground Nutmeg
1. Preheat oven to 300F. Line a large baking pan with parchment paper.
2. Mix coconut, nuts and seeds in a big bowl. Add cinnamon and nutmeg and stir to coat.
3. Melt coconut oil and honey on low heat on the stovetop or in the microwave. Add vanilla.
4. Pour coconut oil mixture over nuts and seeds. Stir to coat. Pour out onto prepared baking sheet and spread out evenly.
5. Bake for 30 minutes, until golden brown. Let cool completely in pan (for larger chunks), then pour into a plastic container or bag for storage. Extra tasty served with berries and milk alternative of your choice!