Mashed cauliflower is the standard Paleo mashed potato substitute. It’s very satisfying and, since cauliflower is a cruciferous vegetable, it’s also very healthy! There are lots of variations of this out there. Mine is quite simple. You can always dress it up with whatever herbs and spices you like, or even some grass-fed butter. I use the whole head of cauliflower, except the outer green leaves. You can cut up the stem and heart and throw it into the pot too. I also sometimes add a little rutabaga or cabbage heart to the pot, depending on what else I have in the kitchen.
200+ Healthy and Delicious Recipes
20 Meal Plans for a variety of goals
I LOVE this book. The science is awesome. I’ve learned a ton without feeling overwhelmed. The paleo principles just takes my understanding to the next level!!!Janet
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into flowerets
- 3 cloves of garlic, whole
1. Place pot with broth and cauliflower on the stove. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat.
2. Reduce heat to low and simmer until cauliflower is very soft, approximately 30-40 minutes.
3. Add cloves of garlic to the pot and simmer 5 more minutes.
4. Drain. Using an immersion blender or food processor, blend cauliflower to form a thick puree. Enjoy!