In this episode, we invite our first ever listener guests! Meet Jeanine, a reader of The Paleo Mom, and Kate, a reader of Paleo Parents. They have questions for Stacy and Sarah about implementing the Paleo diet in their lives, especially considering their autoimmune conditions. We sincerely hope that by helping them, we can help you too!
Listen in iTunes
or download and listen by clicking the PodBean player below
If you enjoy the show, please review it in iTunes!
The Paleo View (TPV), Episode 19: Live Guests
- 0:00 – Introduction
- 1:07 – News and Views
- Come join the Paleo Parents Meetup if you are in the area!
- And pre-order our new book, Beyond Bacon!
- Come to Sarah’s Seminar! The seminar is titled “Paleo Basics: Learn the science behind the Paleo diet and how to implement it in your home” and will be held at 4.0 Martial Arts in Sandy Springs on Saturday, December 22nd 3pm-5pm. Use the code “eatPaleo2013” to receive 30% off when you register at learnPaleo.com between now and Friday
- 10:07 – Questions and Answers
- Welcome to our guests, Kate and Jeanine!
- Kate has narcolepsy and sent in this link for you
- Jeanine and Kate both have autoimmune diseases and are struggling to implement Paleo.
- The book Diane recommends is Why Do I Still Have Thyroid Symptoms? When my Lab Tests Are Normal
- What IS the autoimmune protocol?
- Why are tomatoes a problem? Sarah explains.
- Stacy and Sarah recommend getting used to Paleo before tackling the autoimmune protocol
- Sarah also recommends adding digestive support, vitamin D, and probiotics.
- Gut Dysbiosis, one of my favorite Paleo syndromes!
- 19:11 – Kate wants to get her family on board.
- 23:23 – Stacy on sleep apnea and Paleo
- 26:28 -Paleo convenience foods if you don’t have energy/time to cook
- 28:57 – Ketogenic diets for neurological diseases
- 38:05 – Hormones and autoimmune disease
- 43:56 – Jeanine has tons of food sensitivities, which makes the AIP harder
- Hormones can trigger a leaky gut and autoimmune disease
- Herbal Tea-infused gelatin cubes are from Practical Paleo
- Reintroducing Foods after Following the Autoimmune Protocol
- 50:02 – Sarah recommends thyroid hormones to support thyroid function while Jeanine heals
- 55:06 – Stacy on a stress management soapbox
- Sarah on Managing Stress
- 1:00:47 – Sarah on exercise with autoimmune disease
- 1:06:17 – Kate is overwhelmed reading labels and finding safe foods and figuring out how to prioritize on a budget
- Bloggers and authors tend to have favorite products, like some of ours:
- 1:19:35 – Jeanine wants more information on Paleo and menopause
- We recommend Stefani Ruper’s blog Paleo for Women
- 1:21:00 – Last thoughts
- 1:23:50 – Outro