My oldest daughter’s favorite food is cheddar cheese on club crackers. The cheese part doesn’t bother me, but the cracker part does! So, I’m on the hunt for a Paleo version of the club cracker. These didn’t make the cut as far as my oldest daughter was concerned, but my youngest daughter and my husband both loved them! Serve them with cheese (if you’re eating lacto-Paleo), or with some almond butter, or guacamole, or salsa, or just plain! Yield: 5 dozen crackers.
- 1 egg, whisked until frothy
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter from pastured cows, melted and cooled
- 3 cups blanched almond flour
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1½ tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Mix salt, honey, melted butter and frothy egg together.
3. Work in the almond flour to form a stiff dough.
4. Roll the dough out between two sheets of parchment paper (it’s a bit easier to deal with half of the dough at a time). Roll to about 1/8” thick. Peel the top layer of parchment paper off and cut the dough into 1½“ squares (or whatever shape you like).
5. Place dough squares onto prepared baking sheets, spaced fairly close together.
6. Bake for 7-8 minutes, until just starting to brown. Cool on a wire rack and enjoy!
Do you need help finding any ingredients? Check out Important Pantry Items for the Paleo Baker.