In this episode, Stacy and Sarah talk about boobs for over an hour! They cover their own experiences with breastfeeding their children and then tackle your questions about common problems women experience with nursing their children and whether Paleo is right for breastfeeding mothers. Finally, in the Paleo Parenting section, they are joined by Summer of Banana Hammocks and Tutus and Vanessa of Healthy Living How To. The four them give you their best advice on how to successfully breastfeed and share their favorite breastfeeding resources.
Listen in iTunes
or download and listen by clicking the PodBean player below
Nutrivore Weekly Serving Matrix
An easy-to-use and flexible weekly checklist
to help you maximize nutrient-density.
The Weekly Serving Matrix is very helpful! I’ve been eating along these lines but this really helps me know where to focus vs. which foods serve a more secondary role. It’s super helpful and has taken a lot of worry out of my meal planning. Thanks!
If you enjoy the show, please review it in iTunes!
The Paleo View (TPV), Episode 4: Breastfeeding
- 0:00 – Introduction
- 1:27 – News and Views
- Newfoundland dogs: very loud snoring, very big, looks like lion
- In case you were wondering, this is Stacy’s Logitech headset
- Local Three in Atlanta, for all your Paleo date needs
- How Stacy and Matt deal with date night without a babysitter
- Great Wolf Lodge in Williamsburg
- Pohick Bay Regional Park where Stacy and Cole stayed this weekend
- Stacy’s post on weaning Wesley
- Sarah’s post on hormones, reflecting when she weaned her youngest
- 11:41 – Science with Sarah: What’s in breastmilk and why is it ideal for babies?
- For more information on the benefits of breastfeeding, check out this page of links from La Leche League
- Here’s more from WomensHealth.gov
- And from BabyCenter.com (which mentions how breastfeeding prevents leaky gut, allergies and autoimmune conditions)
- The saga of Joey, son of Joyful Abode, who had issues with posterior tongue-tie and was growing very slowly because of it.
- Stacy’s Baby-led weaning series (here, here, here) and the vlog
- La Leche League on inverted nipples or check the wikipedia article which includes pictures that helped me realize what they were talking about
- Nipple shells
- 26:14 – Questions and Answers
- The question submission form
- 28:00 – Will switching to a Paleo diet decrease my milk supply?
- Dense sources of carbs from Balanced Bites
- 35:22 – Is there anything I need to supplement to make sure my breastmilk is ideal?
- 37:09 – My baby isn’t gaining weight and doctor says I need to go to formula. Neither milk-based or soy-based seems healthy for her. Help?
- For information on what foremilk and hindmilk are, read here.
- Weston A. Price (Which, as of Wednesday night, may have been hijack by malware servers, but is usually the correct page)
- La Leche League
- Kelly Mom
- 46:40 – What would you use for formula if you can’t breastfeed?
- There are milk share boards for exchanging breast milk for these reasons
- The Weston A. Price Foundation formula recipes can be found here
- Angelo Copolla and his preemie saga can be heard on Episode 16 of Latest in Paleo
- The Healthy Baby Code
- 51:26 – Where can people go to get help?
- 55:57 – Paleo Parenting
- Summer of Banana Hammocks and Tutus
- Vanessa of Healthy Living How To
- Vanessa and her husband Tom competed with us at The Amazing Cozumel Race during the Low Carb Cruise! She’s also guest posted for us here.
- I Breastfed
- 1:17:22 – Outro
Become a Member for FREE!
The Paleo Mom Members’ Area is resource central!
You’ll get FREE, unlimited access to dozens of quality resources, including introductory series, downloadable e-books, exclusive recipes, printables, videos and guides!
You may enjoy these related posts:
TPV Episode 33 Show Notes: Breastfeeding and First Foods
In this episode, Stacy and Sarah welcome Arsy from Rubies and Radishes, author …
TPV Podcast, Episode 60: Breastfeeding & Weaning
In this episode, Stacy and Sarah tackle a number of breastfeeding questions from …
TPV Podcast, Episode 166, Danielle Walker & All Things Baby
On this episode of The Paleo View, Stacy and Sarah and are joined by Danielle …
The Best Dairy Choice for Growing Children
Mother’s milk is the perfect food for infants, meeting a growing baby’s …
TPV Episode 31 Show Notes: Paleo Pregnancy
In this episode, Stacy and Sarah talk about fertility and pregnancy, …
TPV Podcast, Episode 330: Probiotics for Infants and Children
In this week’s episode, Sarah and Stacy go one level deeper in the connection …
Paleo for Pregnancy and Lactation
Eating a nutrient-dense diet is vital for every stage of human life, but it …
TPV Episode 7 Show Notes: Paleo Pregnancy
In this episode, Stacy and Sarah are joined by women in the various stages of …
TPV Episode 28 Show Notes: Immune System and Immune Disorders
In this episode, Stacy and Sarah are not talking about autoimmune disorders, but …
TPV Episode 11 Show Notes: What’s Up With Dairy?
In this episode, Stacy and Sarah discuss dairy and it’s place in the Paleo …
TPV Podcast, Episode 41: Kid’s Nutrition, Picky Eaters, Food Sensitivities
In this episode, Stacy and Sarah tackle a collection of questions focused around …
TPV Podcast, Episode 255: Live Show Part 1
In this episode, it’s the first part of our first live show! We take live …