Snickerdoodles are a fairly simple chewy cookie that is rolled in cinnamon and sugar prior to baking. I was inspired to create a paleo version of these cookies after my girls gobbled up a box of Trader Joe’s gluten-free, vegan Snickerdoodles. This recipe is every bit as tasty and has more nutritive value, plus it’s way cheaper to make your own!
Store any leftovers in a plastic tub in the fridge (if you have any leftovers! My husband and kids LOVE these!). Makes about 20 cookies.
Prep Time: 40 minutes
Cook Time: 9 minutes
Yield: 20 cookies
- 1 ½ cup Blanched Almond Flour
- 1 tsp Coconut Flour
- 1 Egg
- ¼ cup Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- ¼ cup Blackstrap Molasses
- ½ tsp Ground Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp Ground Cardamom
- ¼ tsp Ground Nutmeg
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Baking Soda
1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Melt coconut oil on low power in the microwave or in saucepan on low heat.
2. Combine almond flour, coconut flour, egg, molasses, coconut oil and spices in a medium bowl. Stir well to combine.
3. Add baking soda and stir well to incorporate.
4. Chill dough in fridge at least 30 minutes prior to rolling. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350F.
5. Combine sugar and extra cinnamon and place on a small plate or shallow dish. Remove cookie dough from fridge and roll tablespoonfuls into 1-inch balls. Roll cookie dough balls in cinnamon and sugar mixture to coat completely and place on cookie sheet. Do not flatten cookies prior to baking.
6. Bake for 8-9 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool on baking sheet for a couple of minutes before moving to a wire cooling rack. Enjoy!