The goal of a Nutrivore diet is to fully meet the body’s physiologic needs for both essential and nonessential nutrients from the foods we eat, also called nutrient sufficiency, but without consuming excess energy (i.e., staying within daily caloric requirements).
The Nutrivore calculus takes into account the full cadre of essential nutrients—vitamins, minerals, essential amino acids, and essential fatty acids—in addition to fiber, phytonutrients, nonessential and conditionally-essential amino acids, nonessential health-promoting fatty acids, and nonessential vitaminlike compounds. This ensures both nutrient synergy as well as prioritizing the full complement of nutrients our bodies need to thrive.
Guide to Nutrivore lays the foundation for Nutrivore as a general health approach, a base dietary philosophy devoid of dogma, on top of which you can layer additional food focus or eliminations to meet individual needs. In this sense, being a Nutrivore is a diet modifier rather than a diet itself.
With this beautifully-designed e-book, you’ll:
- learn how a Nutrivore approach can improve health
- appreciate what essential and nonessential nutrients do in the body
- get practical tips on how to increase nutrient-density
- examine how to use the Nutrivore Score to choose healthier foods
- find detailed nutrition information on the Top 100 Nutrivore Score Foods
- compare the nutrient-density versus energy-density of food groups
- easily implement Nutrivore with handy-dandy visual guides and reference tables!
And, the Nutrivore Weekly Serving Matrix makes it super easy to put this food philosophy into practice, regardless of which Nutrivore-compatible dietary template you follow!
The Nutrivore Weekly Serving Matrix is an easy-to-use and flexible weekly checklist designed to help you maximize nutrient-density, without having to weigh or measure food, without having to use a food tracking app or analyzing micronutrients, and while eating the right amounts of all those superfoods known to improve health outcomes!
Check off servings on the Nutrivore Weekly Serving Matrix every time you eat,
- Helping you eat a Nutrivore diet without tracking or measuring your food
- Tracking your progress week-by-week as your work up to your serving goals
- With flexibility for different dietary templates, allergies and intolerances
- Meeting you where you are but also inspires with a bonus servings section
- Including both a general version and an AIP version
- Including a video tutorial to teach you the why’s, what’s and how’s!
Watch the 1-hour video tutorial to learn how to use the Nutrivore Weekly Serving Matrix, including a broad review of all the science that goes into it! Then, download and print the Nutrivore Meal Map and Nutrivore Weekly Serving Matrix interactive guides. There are full color and black and white options of both a general Nutrivore Weekly Serving Matrix and a version just for the Autoimmune Protocol. Fill it out every time you eat and up your Nutrivore game!
Note: Guide to Nutrivore and the Nutrivore Weekly Serving Matrix is accessed by logging into your ThePaleoMom account. All of your digital purchases from thepaleomom.com are linked to your e-mail address and available to view or download through the “My Account” link at the top right-hand side of the webpage. If you have not yet set up an account, simply put in your e-mail address and click “Forgot Password”. For technical difficulties, see our Technical FAQ.