Halloween AIP Monster Finger Recipes
Yield 2 dozen cookies
- In a large mixing bowl, cream lard and sugar. Add molasses and mix to combine.
- In a separate bowl, mix spices with 1⁄2 cup flour. Add to mixing bowl.
- Add remaining flour 1⁄4 cup at a time, alternating with water.
- Add baking soda and water mixture and stir to fully combine.
- Chill dough for 1 hour.
- Shape dough into finger-sized cookies. If the dough is sticking to your fingers, wet your hands.
- Pinch in dough at two different points to form knuckles.
- With a sharp knife, cut lines into the knuckles for wrinkles. Dip knife in water in between cookies so it doesn’t stick.
- Spoon jam onto the top of the tip of the cookie, then place your “nail” of choice on top. Spoon jam onto opposite end if desired to resemble the finger being chopped off.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
Recipe by The Paleo Mom at https://www.thepaleomom.com/halloween-aip-monster-finger-cookies/