In this episode, we’re wishing you Happy Holidays, and discussing our family traditions, but also discussing the sad news that Stacy has been dealing with.
Click here to listen in iTunes
or download and listen by clicking the PodBean Player below
If you enjoy the show, please review it in iTunes!
The Paleo View (TPV), Episode 227: Happy Holidays
- Intro (0:00)
- News and Views (0:40)
- Happy Holidays!
- We do a tradition of opening up one book each day leading up to Christmas! Last night we read Archie: Sloth to the Rescue, a seemingly out of print book by this author.
- Sarah is finishing up Paleo Principles this holiday season, making those final edits!
- Sarah intends this book to be a definitive guide for sharing the science on Paleo to convince those obstinate family members.
- Stacy and Matt unfortunately lost her uncle after a long illness, and Matt’s brother Andrew over the past two weeks.
- Andrew lived with us for 14 out of the last 15 years as an uncle, a friend, an extra husband, and an extra son. We were very very close, both us and the boys, and he was only 32.
- He was a joy to everyone who knew him and the most full of life person we’ve ever known. We will miss him a ton.
- Please talk to your loved ones and let them know how much you love them.
- Andrew moved out to live with his girlfriend earlier this year, but we had just seen him on Wednesday and spent time with him just before he died and we’ll cherish that time with him.
- Our holiday traditions! We made Monkey Bread! Unfortunately, Legit Bread mix probably won’t work.
- Get yourself some Coconut Milk Powder to make anything you want creamy!
- We also love to go to the National Christmas Tree!
- Sarah tries to do one Atlanta touristy thing while family is in town this season.
- They might go hiking with their national park pass
- We encourage you to explore your own local cities, be a tourist, and don’t have regrets about what you’ve missed if you move!
- Google your best light displays in your areas!
- Find the best restaurants in your area, of all price levels! There are hidden gems!
- We’re traveling in 2017, starting with California! The boys Christmas gifts are these.
- We think our next show will be about New Years’ Resolutions! Stay tuned!
- Outro (24:00)