On this episode of The Paleo View, Stacy and Sarah share on their latest exciting happenings, bringing listeners up to speed on some of the amazing things happenings in their lives and thank the community for their support!
Click here to be taken to iTunes
or download and listen by clicking the PodBean Player below
If you enjoy the show, please review it in iTunes!
The Paleo View (TPV), Episode 169, Great News to Share
- Intro (0:00)
- News and Views (0:56)
- Stacy’s crazy few weeks trying to heal from her back injury and balance the demands of life
- A spine specialist was unfortunately unable to identify the problem, so now Stacy needs to go on to receive an MRI
- Matt and Stacy’s oldest son, Cole, is now doing after school wrestling three evenings a week, and he is also doing so amazing in school, which has been a really big deal in the Paleo Parents household
- Since having guests on The Paleo View the past few weeks, there have been a lot of big things happening in Stacy and Sarah lives and they have been light on the news on the show, but want to have a newsie episode to bring listeners up to date on their latest happenings
- For more background on Cole’s ADHD, check out episode 145 of The Paleo View
- Because of how the school year ended for Cole last year, Stacy and Matt were a little nervous to see how things would go as this school year began (especially with an increase in stressors at school), and lately Cole has been coming home from school very happy and positive
- Cole’s student-teacher conference last week went so well, and was a huge milestone for the family to see the progress Cole has made – read more about that here
- You can hear more about all the changes that they made with Cole to help him manage his ADHD, but the big changes were the removal of media/video games, getting more play/outside time and sunlight, and adding caffeine in the mornings
- Stacy just wants to thank everyone for the wonderful engagement and support around this situation, it can be especially hard to share on situations when paleo isn’t enough
- On the Paleo Parents site there was also a great guest post that was shared on 10 Alternative Treatments for ADHD
- Medication is not failure, there is a time and a place for conventional medicine
- What happened this past March when Sarah began working on launching a paleo cooking show – Sarah did all the writing and producing for the pilot episodes and so her character and passion really shines through
- In May they sent the pilot episodes to Food Network and the Cooking Channel – they received no response from the Cooking Channel, and they had a meeting with the Food Network, but the show was rejected because they can’t have diet specific shows (i.e. no shows about restricted foods)
- Now that things have calmed down a bit with The Healing Kitchen, Sarah’s team has pulled together a package for the tv show and will be sending it to every network and streaming service, and they feel very confident that someone will pick it up – but they have to prove that there is a market for the show, which is why they released the pilot to the public
- You can find the pilot of Paleo Bites in YouTube here, please watch it and share with others, leave comments and give it a like if you enjoyed watching it
- There is also a massive giveaway to celebrate the release of the Paleo Bites pilot and to thank people for their support
- Thank you to everyone, from both Stacy and Sarah, on all the positive feedback they are receiving on what is happening in their lives at the moment
- We will be back again next week, and actually have two awesome topics mapped out for the weeks to come!
- Thanks everyone for listening!
- Outro (27:50)