On this episode of The Paleo View, Stacy and Sarah talk about skin health and how to heal the skin when inflammation causes external skin conditions.
Click here to be taken to iTunes
or download and listen by clicking the PodBean Player below
Nutrivore Weekly Serving Matrix
An easy-to-use and flexible weekly checklist
to help you maximize nutrient-density.
The Weekly Serving Matrix is very helpful! I’ve been eating along these lines but this really helps me know where to focus vs. which foods serve a more secondary role. It’s super helpful and has taken a lot of worry out of my meal planning. Thanks!
If you enjoy the show, please review it in iTunes!
The Paleo View (TPV), Episode 157
- Intro (0:00)
- News and Views (0:56)
- Welcome to the first show of Stacy and Sarah’s fourth year of podcasting!
- Thoughts on the early episodes
- The Reset & Thrive Library is live!
- 40 never been bundled before resources from 40 leading health, wellness and organization authors
- 28 discounts from some of the best vendors in the industry
- AND a two-week BONUS meal plan using the cookbooks featured in the e-library
- Only $39, and the 56 PDFs (not including the meal plan or discount codes) is valued at over $1000 ALONE!
- We are calling this an e-library to avoid the confusion around bundles – these resources are yours to keep forever! You download one file and put any of those 58 PDFs on the devices of your choice
- Why Sarah chose to include her book exclusively in the Reset & Thrive Library
- Features resources extending far beyond the Paleo community
- Sarah spent the weekend hanging out with Alaena from Grazed and Enthused shooting the cover from their new cookbook – The Healing Kitchen
- Comes out February 23
- Features 150 budget-friendly, quick and easy recipes made with everyday ingredients, you get to minimize time and effort preparing healthful foods without sacrificing flavor! Straightforward explanations and a comprehensive collection of visual guides will teach you which foods are the best choices to mitigate chronic illnesses, including autoimmune disease.
- Stores from the photoshoot for the book cover
- This week’s show features a topic that Stacy and Sarah haven’t discussed in a long time, but is one that they always receive questions on – skin health
- Skin shows the benefits of health changes last, and that is because skin is the lowest priority organ for the body and there is so much internal healing that is happening
- Science with Sarah (31:14)
- When you are dealing with a skin condition, the first step is reducing inflammation and regulating the immune system
- When you stop the immune system from attacking the skin, we then need to heal the wounds, which requires a different set of resources
- The steps that happen in the body when healing from a wound
- The superstar nutrients that support wound healing
- The nutrients to pair to optimize nutrient absorption
- Questions & Answers (51:09)
- Carrie-Ann: how long does it take to see skin healing after adopting an autoimmune protocol to manage psoriasis?
- Emelie – what can I do to improve my keratosis pilaris?
- The Angel Food Cake Matt made on the night Stacy and Sarah were recording the podcast
- The Less Lasagna, dairy-less, grain-less, tomato-less
- Outro (1:13:21)
Become a Member for FREE!
The Paleo Mom Members’ Area is resource central!
You’ll get FREE, unlimited access to dozens of quality resources, including introductory series, downloadable e-books, exclusive recipes, printables, videos and guides!
You may enjoy these related posts:
TPV Podcast, Episode 153: Latest Happenings
On this episode of The Paleo View, Stacy and Sarah catch up on all that is …
TPV Podcast, Episode 156, The Micronutrient Miracle
On this episode of The Paleo View, Stacy and Sarah are joined by Jayson and Mira …
TPV Podcast, Episode 158, Sugar
On this episode of The Paleo View, Stacy and Sarah discuss all things sugar – …
TPV Podcast Episode 212, How to Heal Your Skin
In this episode, Stacy and Sarah talk about skin health. What should you do to …
TPV Podcast Episode 395: Personal Care Toxins
On this week’s episode, Stacy and Sarah discuss the toxins that are hidden …
TPV Podcast, Episode 121: The Holidays
On this episode of The Paleo View, Stacy and Sarah talk about their plans for …
TPV Podcast Episode 355: Compression on Your Health
On this episode, Sarah and Stacy put on their myth-busting helmets and tackle …
5 Healing Oils for Healthy Skin
Our skin is the largest organ in our body. As a barrier between the inside of …
TPV Podcast Episode 352: Sustainability & Mother Earth
On this episode, Sarah and Stacy discuss net-zero carbon emissions and the steps …
TPV Podcast Episode 351: Stress on Health
On this episode, Sarah and Stacy talk all things stress. What happens in the …
TPV Podcast Episode 248, Eczema, Kids, and Paleo
In this episode, Stacy and Sarah talk about eczema, how to treat it with diet …
TPV Podcast, Episode 155: Breaking the Sedentary Habit
On this episode of The Paleo View, Stacy and Sarah discuss sedentary lifestyles …