On this episode of The Paleo View, Stacy and Sarah are joined by Ciarra Hannah, the talent behind the blog Popular Paleo, and the author of The Frugal Paleo Cookbook. The ladies discuss how to prioritize local versus conventional produce and protein with your grocery budget, and answer listeners Paleo on a budget related questions.
Click here to be taken to iTunes
or download and listen by clicking the PodBean Player below
If you enjoy the show, please review it in iTunes!
The Paleo View (TPV), Episode 143, Ciarra Hannah
- Intro (0:00)
- News and Views (0:56)
- Science with Sarah (16:53)
- What we lose when we buy conventional produce and protein, versus organic, pasture-raised, etc.
- Knowing what the issues are so you can get the biggest bang for your buck
- The most nutrient dense produce items – how stable certain items are
- How nutrients degrade and the timeline from farm to table
- Using this list when determining what to buy organic vs. conventional
- How to pick industrially produced meat
- Doing the best you can – avoiding the perfectionist pit fall
- Questions & Answers (39:27)
- Thanks again Ciarra for coming on this week’s show! Don’t forget to check out her blog and her book for more amazing resources on budgeting!
- Also watch her site for information on her July book signing tour!
- Outro (1:16:55)