On this episode of The Paleo View, Stacy and Sarah are joined by Cindy Sexton, blogger at PALEOdISH and author of the recently released book Paleo Takes 5 or Fewer, for a wonderful discussion on physical and health education in the school system.
Listen in iTunes
or download and listen by clicking the PodBean Player belowDownload this episode (right click and save)
If you enjoy the show, please review it in iTunes!
The Paleo View (TPV), Episode 113: Cindy Sexton
- Intro (0:00)
- News and Views (0:56)
- Sarah’s Denver signing, complete with a gift from Bos Creek
- The fast approaching Paleo View tour – make sure you RSVP!
- House of Gainz is officially open
- Paleo Parents Tutorial Thursday series, have you seen them? Check out the latest pumpkin one!
- Welcome Cindy Sexton of PALEOdISH
- Recently published a book, Paleo Takes 5 or Fewer
- Introduced to Paleo in 2009, got to see Robb Wolf while he was hosting seminars, which led her to do more research on the lifestyle
- What led her to eventually create her blog and later her cookbook
- Cindy’s goal with the book
- Is a full-time physical education teacher
- Health in the School System (27:19)
- How do you both educate and motivate healthy lifestyle and diet choices in your kids
- How to encourage the formation of healthy habits in kids
- Exposing children to as many forms of physical activity as possible – find what suits them and their interests
- Sarah’s exposure to different forms of physical activity as a child and teen
- Stacy’s first exposure to weight training
- The benefits of increasing blood flow to the brain
- Avoiding athletic burnout – giving kids time to imagine, explore, have unstructured play
- The value of regular, frequent breaks, especially for those who are homeschooled
- What Stacy does to teach the boys how to enjoy activities
- How Sarah encourages physical activity with her daughters
- Handling accidental exposures to food intolerances
- Thanks Cindy for coming on The Paleo View!
- Check out her site PALEOdISH and her book Paleo Takes 5 or Fewer
- Don’t forget to register for The Paleo View Book Tour
- If you are in the DC area be sure to head to the Real Life Paleo Release Party
- Preorder Real Life Paleo
- Outro (1:11:41)
Become a Member for FREE!
The Paleo Mom Members’ Area is resource central!
You’ll get FREE, unlimited access to dozens of quality resources, including introductory series, downloadable e-books, exclusive recipes, printables, videos and guides!
You may enjoy these related posts:
TPV Podcast, Episode 102: Teenagers
On this episode of The Paleo View, Stacy and Sarah are joined by Leslie …
TPV Podcast, Episode. 200, How Far We’ve Come in 200 Episodes!
On this episode of The Paleo View, we celebrate reaching the 200 episode …
TPV Podcast, Episode 173, Defending Your Food Choices
On this episode of The Paleo View, Stacy and Sarah share ideas on how to discuss …
TPV Podcast, Episode 56: Fitness & Recovery
In this episode, Stacy and Sarah chat about their new fitness regimens, how …
TPV Podcast Episode 353: Beach Body Yo-Yo
On this episode, Sarah and Stacy challenge listeners to avoid the beach body …
TPV Podcast, Episode 79: Dr. Wahls
In this episode Stacy and Sarah are joined by Dr. Wahls to learn more about the …
TPV Podcast, Episode 181, Common Health Questions
On this episode of The Paleo View, Stacy and Sarah tackle some of the …
TPV Podcast, Episode 301: Sunscreen, Sun Exposure & Sunburns
In this episode, Stacy and Sarah are talking all about sunscreen, sun exposure …
TPV Podcast Episode 367: Weight loss for kids?
A new weight loss program targeted at children and teens was recently launched …
TPV Podcast, Episode 187, Genetic Disposition for Disease
On this episode of The Paleo View, Stacy and Sarah discuss genetics versus …
TPV Podcast, Episode 125: Stephanie Gaudreau
On this episode of The Paleo View, Stacy and Sarah are joined …
TPV Podcast, Episode 67: Autoimmune Q&A with the Primal Girl
In this episode, Stacy and Sarah are joined by Tara of PrimalGirl.com, author of …