On this episode of The Paleo View, Stacy and Sarah are joined by Magdalena Wszelaki, the Thyroid Diet Coach, to chat about immune health and to answer a few questions.
Listen in iTunes
or download and listen by clicking the PodBean Player belowDownload this episode (right click and save)
If you enjoy the show, please review it in iTunes!
The Paleo View (TPV), Episode 112: Magdalena Wszelaki
- Intro (0:00)
- News and Views (0:56)
- The sicks making there way around at both Stacy’s and Sarah’s houses
- Welcome Magdalena the Thyroid Diet Coach
- What led Magdalena to coaching
- Her health journey and dealing with a hashimoto’s diagnosis
- Living in a foreign country and having limited access to impact recovery
- Where life has taken Magdalena around the world
- The Paleo View was nominated by Paleo Magazine for a Best of 2014! Vote here: Paleom.ag/PaleoBest14
- Sarah and Stacy are nominated in other categories as well – please look for all their nominations and submit your vote!
- Stacy has been on blogging fire as of late – check out all the latest posts and new recipes galore here
- Sarah is still learning how to carve out time for blogging
- The Paleo View Book signing tour is quickly approaching – be sure to reserve your spot!
- Sarah shared on her recent event in Pennsylvania
- Sarah’s next event in Denver – get the details here
- Science with Sarah (31:39) – Can people with thyroid diseases who are following an autoimmune protocol eat cruciferous vegetables?
- Goitrogens – what are they and why are they a concern
- Sarah’s recommendations on vegetable intake
- Iodine deficiency is the only time you should worry about cruciferours vegetable intake
- Sarah’s tips on what to do if you are iodine deficient
- Iodine excess
- Stacy’s favorite source of iodine is the sea vegetable sea salt
- Questions & Answers (40:45)
- Advice needed on how leptin levels impact weight-loss resistance
- Chronic constipation – what can I take or eat as a bulking agent?
- Please don’t forget to submit your ‘Best Of’ Votes here!
- Thanks again to Magdalena for joining this week’s show – please check out her site here
- Outro (1:08:49)