In this episode, Stacy and Sarah share their remarkable weight loss stories and are then joined by Stefani Ruper, from Paleo For Women and the Live. Love. Eat. podcast. They talk about how to overcome food addiction and use the Paleo principles towards weight loss goals. It’s over 90 minutes chock full of valuable information!
Nutrivore Weekly Serving Matrix
An easy-to-use and flexible weekly checklist
to help you maximize nutrient-density.
The Weekly Serving Matrix is very helpful! I’ve been eating along these lines but this really helps me know where to focus vs. which foods serve a more secondary role. It’s super helpful and has taken a lot of worry out of my meal planning. Thanks!
Listen in iTunes
or download and listen by clicking the PodBean player below
If you enjoy the show, please review it in iTunes!
The Paleo View (TPV), Episode 6: Weight Loss With Paleo
- 0:00 – Introduction
- 1:18 – News and Views
- Happy 31st Birthday to Stacy! She celebrated with this post about overcoming depression!
- Go here to find your very own pick your own farm
- Recipes on Paleo Parents for excess apples: Applesauce, Apple butter
- We went to the National Aquarium with Paleo Spirit and The Domestic Man
- Stacy’s Weight Loss Story
- Sarah’s Weight Loss Story
- My 120 Pound Journey to Paleo
- My Transformation
- Lots of Sarah’s Weight Loss information is here
- 24:28 – Science with Sarah: Insulin and Insulin Resistance
- 30:26 – Questions and answers
- Stefani Ruper writes at Paleo For Women, which is an excellent site that is truly one of the only sites that looks at Paleo from the female perspective. So much of the Paleo information out there is by males and only takes men into account. Stefani breaks down all the issues that women face from emotional issues, to hormonal issues, to just the simple gender differences.
- 33:56 – How did you overcome emotions of giving up certain foods?
- Stefani’s post on the overeating cycle is here
- 41:37 – Did you start exercising at the start of your Paleo journey?
- Stacy’s handstand challenge and results
- Sarah on why she likes yoga
- 46:28 – Did you limit portions or just eat until full?
- 53:06 – Is there anything you wish you knew before you began Paleo?
- 1:11:03 – Any warning areas in terms of food?
- 1:14:38 – How often did you allow yourself to eat Paleo adaptation of old foods?
- 1:22:47 – Can low carbs cause you to lose your period?
- 1:33:22 – Outro
Become a Member for FREE!
The Paleo Mom Members’ Area is resource central!
You’ll get FREE, unlimited access to dozens of quality resources, including introductory series, downloadable e-books, exclusive recipes, printables, videos and guides!
You may enjoy these related posts:
TPV Episode 9 Show Notes: Weight Loss with Paleo Part 2
In this episode, Stacy and Sarah continue the discussion about weight loss with …
TPV Episode 36 Show Notes: Body Image
In this episode, Stacy and Sarah invite George of Civilized Caveman Cooking …
TPV Episode 29 Show Notes: Weight Loss with Paleo, Part 3
In this episode, Stacy and Sarah talk about losing weight again, one of our most …
TPV Podcast, Episode 80: Stefani Ruper
In this episode Stacy and Sarah are joined by Stefani Ruper of Paleo for Women, …
TPV Episode 19 Show Notes: Live Guests
In this episode, we invite our first ever listener guests! Meet Jeanine, a …
TPV Episode 26 Show Notes: The Best of the Paleo View
In this episode, Sarah had no internet for days and days so we’ve put together a …
TPV Episode 23 Show Notes: Fertility, PCOS, and Female Hormones
In this episode, Stacy and Sarah are joined by the fantastic Stefani Ruper of …
TPV Podcast, Episode 47: Exercise
In this episode, Stacy and Sarah are joined by The Paleo View’s male co-host, …
Book Review: Sexy by Nature by Stefani Ruper
This review was written by my assistant Christina. Sexy by Nature is all about …
TPV Podcast, Episode 198, Weight Loss Follow Up
On this episode of The Paleo View, Stacy and Sarah answer a question on how to …
TPV Podcast Episode 367: Weight loss for kids?
A new weight loss program targeted at children and teens was recently launched …
TPV Podcast, Episode 64: Will Paleo Help Me
In this episode, Stacy and Sarah address a large number of health questions all …