In this episode, Stacy and Sarah tackle your issues transitioning kids to a Paleo diet. They discuss tips and tactics that have worked for them, and answer your burning questions on changing your child’s diet through difficult situations. They end with a roundtable featuring Daphne of FitDaffy, Lea from Paleo Spirit, and Sunny from And Love it Too about how to solve food conflict from your little ones. They also start with reacting to the tremendous response we’ve received, both for the PodCast and for Stacy’s “What Losing 135 Pounds Looks Like” post. Thank you! Scroll down to the bottom of the page to see the winner of our giveaway!
Listen in iTunes
or download and listen by clicking the PodBean player below
If you enjoy the show, please review it in iTunes!
The Paleo View (TPV), Episode 3: Transitioning Kids to Paleo
- 0:00 – Introduction
- 1:18 – News and Views
- 9:48 – Science with Sarah:Does a Paleo diet provide adequate nutrition for children?
- 20:44 – Questions and answers
- 21:08 – Where is a good place to start and get menu ideas?
- 29:50 – How do you deal with children wanting to eat out and not understanding why they can’t?
- 37:48 – How do you explain the importance of eating Paleo to a kid with a spouse who is not on board?
- By the way, Katy, Tx is in fact pronounced like the name Katie. I looked at many YouTube videos from the town to confirm
- The post is called “Your Non-Cooperative Spouse” and, warning, acknowledges the existence of sex
- 50:35 – Would you be 100% Paleo if you had no intolerances?
- 1:01:01 – Paleo Parenting – How do you deal with temper tantrums and refusing to eat?
- Yes, that’s me in what Stacy calls “My radio voice” introducing this segment. I had to interject because the ladies were so psyched to get talking that they forgot to introduce the segment themselves!
- We’re really thankful for our guests taking the time to come on the show. Please visit their sites to show your appreciation!
- Daphne of FitDaffy
- Daphne writes an fantastic blog about her daily life with a three year old and a newborn while Crossfitting and working full time. She visited us from all the way on the other side of the country, despite being pregnant and dragging a toddler! She is definitely someone to be admired!
- Lea of Paleo Spirit
- Daphne of FitDaffy
- 1:26:17 – Outro