In this episode, we hope to provide an overview of the Paleo diet and help you navigate why the “rules” are the way they are. Why is it that we avoid grains? Beans? Sugar? What is inflammation and why are we trying so hard to avoid it? We hope we can take you by the hand and lead you through the reasoning. After this show, we hope you will be on a happy, healthy path for your life!
Listen in iTunes
or download and listen by clicking the PodBean player below
If you enjoy the show, please review it in iTunes!
The Paleo View (TPV), Episode 17: Paleo 101
- 0:00 – Introduction
- 1:07 – News and Views
- Stacy sprained/broke her clavicle after getting knocked over by a chair going up for a handstand. She has been positing her crazy yoga stunts on Instagram
- Stacy attributes her bone health to fermented cod liver oil from Green Pastures
- Robb Wolf’s 30 day challenge is described in the Paleo Solution
- Stacy’s story
- Sarah’s story
- The contest on Paleo Parents and on The Paleo Mom
- 13:31 – Science with Sarah: What is the theory behind the Paleo diet?
- Inflammation and heart disease by the American Heart Association
- Paper on the link between cancer and inflammation
- Weight loss and Paleo was covered on episode 6 and episode 9 of the Paleo View
- Stacy and Sarah have autoimmune diseases and so have limited their diets further. This is detailed in episode 2
- 21:21 – The Whys
- 21:51 – Why no grains?
- 35:25 – Why no legumes?
- 40:20 – Why no dairy?
- 48:44 – Why no sugar?
- 1:00:05 – Which fats are best?
- Balanced Bites guide to fats and oils
- Stacy means cold pressed here, not expeller pressed
- Peter Attia on “How did we come to believe saturated fat and cholesterol are bad for us?”
- 1:08: 26 – Paleo perfectionism
- 1:16:05 – Outro