In this episode, we hope to provide an overview of the Paleo diet and help you navigate why the “rules” are the way they are. Why is it that we avoid grains? Beans? Sugar? What is inflammation and why are we trying so hard to avoid it? We hope we can take you by the hand and lead you through the reasoning. After this show, we hope you will be on a happy, healthy path for your life!
Listen in iTunes
or download and listen by clicking the PodBean player below
Nutrivore Weekly Serving Matrix
An easy-to-use and flexible weekly checklist
to help you maximize nutrient-density.
The Weekly Serving Matrix is very helpful! I’ve been eating along these lines but this really helps me know where to focus vs. which foods serve a more secondary role. It’s super helpful and has taken a lot of worry out of my meal planning. Thanks!
If you enjoy the show, please review it in iTunes!
The Paleo View (TPV), Episode 17: Paleo 101
- 0:00 – Introduction
- 1:07 – News and Views
- Stacy sprained/broke her clavicle after getting knocked over by a chair going up for a handstand. She has been positing her crazy yoga stunts on Instagram
- Stacy attributes her bone health to fermented cod liver oil from Green Pastures
- Robb Wolf’s 30 day challenge is described in the Paleo Solution
- Stacy’s story
- Sarah’s story
- 13:31 – Science with Sarah: What is the theory behind the Paleo diet?
- Inflammation and heart disease by the American Heart Association
- Paper on the link between cancer and inflammation
- Weight loss and Paleo was covered on episode 6 and episode 9 of the Paleo View
- Stacy and Sarah have autoimmune diseases and so have limited their diets further. This is detailed in episode 2
- 21:21 – The Whys
- 21:51 – Why no grains?
- Check out Sarah’s post on lectins
- Why is white rice better than brown?
- 35:25 – Why no legumes?
- Check out Sarah’s post on saponins
- Adjuvants are simply any substance that activates immune response. Helpful in vaccines, not helpful in food!
- Almonds are crucial! High in calcium, great as flour or butter!
- Paleo hummus
- Weston A. Price Foundation, another ancestral health modality
- 40:20 – Why no dairy?
- 48:44 – Why no sugar?
- The link between sugar and heart disease from the Journal of the American Heart Association
- Wheat Belly by William Davis
- Sarah’s post on sugar
- Beating sugar addiction from Sarah
- Sugar: The Bitter Truth
- 1:00:05 – Which fats are best?
- Balanced Bites guide to fats and oils
- Stacy means cold pressed here, not expeller pressed
- Peter Attia on “How did we come to believe saturated fat and cholesterol are bad for us?”
- 1:08: 26 – Paleo perfectionism
- 21:51 – Why no grains?
- 1:16:05 – Outro
Become a Member for FREE!
The Paleo Mom Members’ Area is resource central!
You’ll get FREE, unlimited access to dozens of quality resources, including introductory series, downloadable e-books, exclusive recipes, printables, videos and guides!
You may enjoy these related posts:
TPV Episode 18 Show Notes: Paleo 102
In this episode, Stacy and Sarah continue to talk about the basics of Paleo in …
TPV Podcast, Episode 101: Paleo 101 Q&A
On this episode of The Paleo View, Stacy and Sarah tackle Paleo diet questions …
TPV Episode 26 Show Notes: The Best of the Paleo View
In this episode, Sarah had no internet for days and days so we’ve put together a …
TPV Podcast, Episode 52: The One Year Anniversary, Best Of Show
In this episode, Monica shares the best Paleo View moments of the last year, as …
TPV Podcast, Episode 48: Paleo Philosophy
In this episode, Stacy and Sarah launch their three part series discussing Paleo …
TPV Episode 7 Show Notes: Paleo Pregnancy
In this episode, Stacy and Sarah are joined by women in the various stages of …
TPV Episode 9 Show Notes: Weight Loss with Paleo Part 2
In this episode, Stacy and Sarah continue the discussion about weight loss with …
TPV Episode 30 Show Notes: Basic Paleo FAQ
In this episode, Stacy and Sarah tackle a variety of questions that seem to come …
TPV Episode 22 Show Notes: Autoimmune Part 3
In this episode, Stacy and Sarah return to answer your questions about …
TPV Episode 8 Show Notes: Paleo on the Road
In this episode, Stacy and Sarah answer your questions on how to live Paleo in a …
TPV Episode 3 Show Notes: Transitioning Kids to Paleo
In this episode, Stacy and Sarah tackle your issues transitioning kids to a …
TPV Episode 23 Show Notes: Fertility, PCOS, and Female Hormones
In this episode, Stacy and Sarah are joined by the fantastic Stefani Ruper of …