I am so excited to be able to share this special sneak peek recipe from The Paleo Kitchen with you today! I’ve had the good fortune to taste these amazing cooking, cooked by George Bryant himself! Last summer, when I went to visit Matt and Stacy of Paleo Parents for the release party of Beyond Bacon, George was also joining the festivities and made a batch of these cookies for all of us. In fact, I have photographic evidence from Stacy’s Instagram feed:
The cookies were ridiculously good, and in fact, started a several month-long obsession with all things macadamia for me. That whole trip was amazing. But, while I’m taking a walk down memory lane, I know that what you really want to know is how to make these cookies!
As I already mentioned, this recipe is a sneak peek from The Paleo Kitchen. If you haven’t heard of The Paleo Kitchen, which will be available online and in stores nationwide in just a few short weeks, it is the collaborative effort by two of my favorite Paleo food bloggers: George Bryant of Civilized Caveman Cooking Creations and Juli Bauer of PaleOMG. George and Juli have united to bring over 100 brand-new, bold, and delectable Paleo recipes straight from their kitchens to yours in their new cookbook, The Paleo Kitchen. This beautiful cookbook includes appetizers, entrees, sides, and desserts; full-color photos; and tips, tricks and anecdotes in George and Juli’s signature down-to-Earth banter. The Paleo Kitchen is now available for pre-order and releases on June 10th. Until then, you can enjoy this sneak peek–a delicious recipe for Macadamia Chocolate Chip Cookies!
- Yield: 20 cookies
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 13 to 15 minutes
Ingredients (Macadamia Chocolate Chip Cookies)
- 1 cup (220 grams) macadamia nut butter (below)
- ¼ cup (60 mL) organic honey
- ¼ cup (50 grams) coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg (50 grams)
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- pinch of salt
- ½ cup (90 grams) Enjoy Life Mini Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine the macadamia nut butter, honey, coconut oil, vanilla, and egg in a large bowl and mix well. Add the coconut flour and salt and mix well, then fold in the chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate the batter until cold, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Use a medium-sized cookie scoop to drop balls of cookie dough on the prepared baking sheet, 10 cookies per baking sheet. Bake for 13 to 15 minutes, or until the cookies are slightly browned. Remove from the oven and transfer to a rack immediately to cool.
Ingredients (Macadamia Nut Butter)
- 2 cups (264 grams) raw macadamia nuts
- Place the macadamia nuts in a food processor or high speed blender and puree until smooth. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. This recipe will keep for up to 1 week.
Want more? Pre-order The Paleo Kitchen here.
George Bryant is the creative genius behind the wildly popular Paleo food blog Civilized Caveman Cooking Creations. After spending the first 20-something years of his life in a constant battle with his weight, and then nearly losing both his legs while on deployment as a US Marine, George took matters into his own hands and began his own Paleo journey. What started as a simple place to post recipes for friends has since turned into an award-winning food blog. After being in the Marines for 12 years, George has since been medically separated and is enjoying working full-time creating delicious Paleo recipes, while hoping to change as many lives for the better by making REAL food recipes simple and tasty. You can find him on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, YouTube, Instagram, and Pinterest.
Juli Bauer is a food-obsessed CrossFit enthusiast who blogs at PaleOMG to help others eat healthier and live better, whether strict Paleo or not. She is the author of OMG, That’s Paleo? and you can also find her on Twitter, YouTube, Facebook, and Instagram.