If you don’t know by now that I’m a sleep superfan…well, I’m not sure where you’ve been! I believe sleep could be the single biggest contributor to our health, and that’s an opinion that’s supported by an incredible body of scientific research (see Sleep and Disease Risk: Scarier Than Zombies! and The Link Between Sleep and Your Weight). I even authored a 350+ page e-book and 14-Day Sleep Rehab Program, Go To Bed, to tackle what I think is a growing health crisis surrounding lack of sleep ( see Sleep Requirements and Debt: how do you know how much sleep you need?).
I see, and participate in, quite a few summits each year, but one kicking off today and airing all week might be my favorite so far. That’s because the FREE Sleep Success Summit promises to address this public health crisis—yes, I think lack of sleep is a public health crisis!—from myriad angles with the help of over 30 incredible speakers!
In case you’re on the fence about tuning in (again…it’s free!), consider whether you’re actually getting enough sleep each night. For many of us, simply spending enough time in bed is difficult. When you factor in restlessness, health conditions and other obstacles like parenting, it looks pretty likely that we’re all getting far less sleep than we need.
Did you know?
- 30% of people experience insomnia at some point in their lives.
- Those who sleep next to a snoring partner lose one hour of sleep each night.
- 25% of children diagnosed with ADD or ADHD have a sleep disorder. When fixed, these symptoms disappear.
- One night of sleep deprivation can put your body into a diabetic state!
- A decrease in sleep by 1.5 hours reduces performance by 32%.
- Reaction time after staying awake for 17-19 hours is worse than a 0.05% blood alcohol level (tested in scientific studies and by the Mythbusters!).
Improving sleep can, quite simply, improve our lives. By registering for the free Sleep Success Summit, you’ll be giving yourself a wealth and diversity of incredible tools to make your health and life better!
Want more details? The summit runs August 8-15, and it’s free when you watch during that time. I’m included as a Special Guest with an interview airing on Encore Day! You can also purchase a package of talks for $59 (the price goes up after the summit) if you know you won’t be able to watch live. Either way, you get incredible content! You’ll hear from speakers including:
- Arianna Huffington – Sleep Revolution: Why You Should Be Passionate About Sleep!
- Dan Kalish, DC – How Sleep Influences Functional Medicine
- Izabella Wentz, PharmD, FASCO – Getting to the Root Cause of Hypersomnia and Thyroid Fatigue
- Jonathan Bailor – Connection Between Sleep and Weight Loss
- Amy Myers, MD – Sleep, Functional Medicine and Autoimmune Function
- Abel James – The Fat Burning Man’s Guide to Better Sleep
And I’ll be making a special summit appearance on August 15th!!
The summit features over 30 high-value speakers. Whether you’re looking to improve your insomnia, hack your nutrition, experiment with light therapy, lose weight or improve your autoimmune disease, you’re going to find a topic in this incredible list of speakers. Register here to make sure you can access all this amazing free content!
If you learn even one fact from one expert that changes your life, it will be worth it!
If you do want to buy a full package ahead of time, know that the online access package for all of the expert talks is $59 now through Monday at 10 A.M. U.S. eastern. After that, it increases to $79 and it increases again after the summit is over. Owning the talks also gives you access to eCourses, guides, eBooks and other advice from the expert speakers, at no additional charge! Click here to purchase a full package and watch at your leisure!
I hope you’ll tune in to this amazing summit next week, and let me know what you’ve learned!