These simple, slightly chewy chocolate-coconut squares are definitely for the coconut lovers out there. I find the sweetness from the mini chocolate chips is sufficient to sweeten these squares. As an alternative, you could use chopped dates or chopped dried apricots.
200+ Healthy and Delicious Recipes
20 Meal Plans for a variety of goals
I LOVE this book. The science is awesome. I’ve learned a ton without feeling overwhelmed. The paleo principles just takes my understanding to the next level!!!Janet
- 2 cups finely shredded unsweetened coconut
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 9×9 inch baking pan.
2. Whisk egg and vanilla together in a small mixing bowl. Add coconut and chocolate chips and stir to combine.
3. Pour out into prepared baking pan. Flatten out and pat down with a spatula or back of a wooden spoon.
4. Bake for 22 minutes, until starting to turn golden. Let cool.
5. Cut into squares and enjoy!
Do you need help finding any ingredients? Check out Important Pantry Items for the Paleo Baker.