I was craving cioppino right when I was giving up nightshades. So, I improvised this seafood soup and it was so delicious I just had to share it with you. You could use whatever seafood you happen have on hand. I had a bag of Trader Joe’s frozen mixed seafood, which was composed of shrimp, calamari rings, and scallops. You could also use mussels or clams (in the shell would be very pretty!) like a traditional cioppino. I thought this was very tasty with chicken broth, but if you happen to have fish stock around, that would be even better!
200+ Healthy and Delicious Recipes
20 Meal Plans for a variety of goals
I LOVE this book. The science is awesome. I’ve learned a ton without feeling overwhelmed. The paleo principles just takes my understanding to the next level!!!Janet
- 4 cups chicken bone broth or fish stock
- 1 lb mixed seafood (eg. Shrimp, Calamari, Clams, Scallops, Lobster, Crab, Mussels, Clams)
- 6 oz salmon, cut into chunks
- 6 oz Tilapia, cut into chunks (or substitute halibut or cod)
- 1 lb leeks, chopped (approximately 4 cups)
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1-2 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp Salt, to taste
1. Bring broth to a boil over high heat, then lower heat to keep a rolling simmer.
2. Add seafood, fish and leeks to broth. Cook until seafood is completely cooked and leeks are soft, about 15-20 minutes.
3. Add wine, parsley and salt. Cook another 5 minutes. Serve!