I have greatly enjoyed the challenge of creating more nut-free Paleo baking recipes for those of you with nut allergies in your home (and for when my mother-in-law comes to visit too). These cookies also happen to be egg-free for those of you who also need more egg-free baking recipes (it just happened worked out that way). These cookies are absolutely delicious, chewy, and a little reminiscent of oatmeal raisin cookies. I like to pulse the sesame seeds a few times in a food processor or Magic Bullet in order to break them up a bit (otherwise they have a bad habit of getting stuck in my teeth!), but this is optional. Makes 30 cookies.
200+ Healthy and Delicious Recipes
20 Meal Plans for a variety of goals
I LOVE this book. The science is awesome. I’ve learned a ton without feeling overwhelmed. The paleo principles just takes my understanding to the next level!!!Janet
- 1 Tbsp Flaxseed Meal
- 1½ Tbsp water
- ½ cup Honey
- ½ cup Sunflower Butter
- ¼ cup Brown Sesame Seeds
- 1 cup Raw Pepitas (Shelled Pumpkin Seeds)
- 1 cup Finely Shredded Unsweetened Coconutt
- 3 Tbsp Coconut Flour
- ¼ tsp Baking Soda
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- ¾ cup Raisins
1. Mix flaxseed meal and water and let sit for 2-3 minutes. Preheat oven to 325F.
2. Grind pepitas very finely in your food processor, Magic Bullet or blender. Pulse sesame seeds to break up slightly (aiming for the texture of coarse sand with some still intact).
3. Mix honey, sunflower butter, sesame seeds, ground pepitas, shredded coconut, coconut flour, baking soda, salt, and vanilla into flaxseed goop. Stir until a stiff, well-combined cookie dough forms. Fold in raisins.
4. Drop balls of cookie dough, approximately 1” in diameter, onto a cookie sheet. Flatten with your hand or the back of a spatula to about ½” thick.
5. Bake for 12 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes on the cookie sheet (or cool completely on the cookie sheet). Store in an airtight container at room temperature. Enjoy!
Do you need help finding any ingredients? Check out Important Pantry Items for the Paleo Baker.