My mother-in-law will be visiting this spring and she is allergic to nuts. It’s got me working on nut-free versions of many of my recipes (because I don’t want gluten-containing anything in my house, even for company, if I can get away with it). I’m also interested in more nut-free portable foods for lunches etc. (See all my nut-free baking recipes, also all AIP(Auto Immune Protcol) recipes are nut-free.)
This bread is lovely and light and has a great flavor. I think it would also work really well as a roll if you baked it in well-greased muffin cups (if you try it, leave a comment and let me know how it works).
- 4 eggs
- 4 Tbsp grass-fed butter (you could use Refined Coconut Oil or Palm Shortening as an alternative)
- ¼ cup Tapioca Flour
- ¼ cup Coconut Flour
- 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- ½ tsp Cream of Tartar
- ¼ tsp Baking Soda
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 7.5″x3.5″ Loaf Pan with wax paper. Grease the wax paper with coconut oil (if you have a good non-stick pan, you should be able to get away with just greasing it really well).
2. Melt the butter (or coconut oil if using) in the microwave and let cool slightly.
3. Beat eggs in a blender or food processor until frothy, about 30 seconds. Add the remaining ingredients and process again until smooth. Let the batter sit for a minute to thicken.
4. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. Spread it out so that the surface is even. Bake for 35 minutes. Enjoy!
Do you need help finding any ingredients? Check out Important Pantry Items for the Paleo Baker.