Bacon-Braised Brussel Sprouts
Yield 4 servings
- Chop bacon into small pieces (I like to use scissors for this job) and place into a cold skillet (cast iron is perfect here).
- Heat skillet over medium-high heat, stirring relatively frequently, until bacon is starting to brown and is mostly cooked.
- Add Brussels sprouts to skillet carefully (remember cold water into hot fat can cause the fat to splatter).
- Stir relatively frequently. As soon as Brussels sprouts start to stick, add 1-2 Tbsp water to the pan. Stir some more.
- Keep adding small amounts of water every time the Brussel sprouts start to stick.
- Once the Brussel sprouts are cooked (about 15 minutes, depending on the size), stop adding water. Just when they start to stick again, pour the bacon and sprouts into a serving dish and enjoy!
Recipe by The Paleo Mom at https://www.thepaleomom.com/recipe-bacon-braised-brussel-sprouts/