Our gut microbes perform many different essential functions that help us to stay healthy. These include digestion, vitamin production, detoxification, control of gut barrier integrity, regulation of cholesterol metabolism, providing resistance to pathogens, immune regulation, neurotransmitter regulation, regulation of gene expression, and more! In fact, about 90% of all disease can be traced back to the health of the gut and our gut microbiomes.
Diet is the single biggest influence on gut microbiota composition—diet is directly responsible for more than 60% of the variation in bacterial species in the gut. Genetics, gender, age, lifestyle, hormones, drugs, supplements, and environmental exposures collectively are responsible for the remaining 40%.
The good news is that we can start improving our gut microbiomes today with dietary changes geared at fostering a vibrant and diverse gut microbial community! In fact, dietary changes can alter the gut microbiome’s composition in a very short period of time, in a matter of a few days to a few weeks!
Dr. Sarah spent 6 years researching the gut microbiome, building a new diet from the ground up based on optimizing gut health, unveiling 20 keys to gut health, and discovering over 60 gut health superfoods!
But, what does a gut health diet like in practice? Dr. Sarah wrote The Gut Health Cookbook to be your launching point towards dietary tweaks to better support your gut microbiome!
This 400+ page e-cookbook delivers:
- 180+ recipes featuring gut health superfoods
- 20 keys to gut health summary
- Why’s behind all 61 gut health superfoods
- Food lists for gut health
- Tips for storing vegetables and fruits
- and so much more!
This is not just a cookbook of vegetable side dishes and salads! There are breakfasts, breads, muffins, snacks, appetizers, soups, over 30 dessert recipes (yes, desserts that are good for the gut microbiome!) and over 65 of the recipes are main dishes or one-pot meals!
Note, this is not a Paleo or AIP e-book. During Dr. Sarah’s 6 years of researching for The Gut Health e-books, she made a rule for herself: no preconceived notions on whether a food or lifestyle biohack is good or bad allowed. Instead, Dr. Sarah took the opportunity to build a new optimal diet and lifestyle focused on supporting a healthy and diverse gut microbiome from the ground up. While some of the featured gut microbiome superfoods are not traditionally considered Paleo (like lentils and rice), all of the recipes are gluten-free, approximately 90% are Paleo and about half are AIP compatible. And, for those of you who have all of Dr. Sarah’s e-books and cookbooks, a whopping 110 of the recipes in The Gut Health Cookbook are completely new and not available anywhere else, while many of the others have been tweaked to be even better for gut health!
The Gut Health Cookbook also includes a bonus download with AIP recipe modifications.
Save $10 when you purchase both The Gut Health Guidebook and The Gut Health Cookbook!
In The Gut Health Guidebook, Dr. Sarah builds a new diet for general health, from the ground up, based on the gut microbiome, that merges everything the science currently tells us is healthful into one comprehensive approach.
Note: The Gut Health Cookbook is accessed by logging into your ThePaleoMom account. All of your digital purchases from thepaleomom.com are linked to your e-mail address and available to view or download through the “My Account” link at the top right-hand side of the webpage. If you have not yet set up an account, simply put in your e-mail address and click “Forgot Password”. For technical difficulties, see our Technical FAQ.