I have been promising this podcast topic for a long time. In this week’s episode of The Whole View, I explain the different types of scientific studies, what they can tell us, what their limitations are, and how I combine insight from multiple studies to synthesize recommendations as well as when I reevaluate and update recommendations. My goal with this podcast is to help you understand how scientific research is performed to iterate on previous studies to expand human knowledge; to communicate the value of scientific consensus and where conflicting results are meaningful; and to empower you with the knowledge necessary to detect pseudoscience, cherrypicking and manipulative marketing.
If you enjoy the show, please review it on iTunes!
Recommended Reading and Listening
- TWV Podcast Episode 400: Modern Science and a Real Life Approach to Health
- Everything Causes Cancer: How much can science really tell us?
- The History of Dietary Guidelines (and How They’ve Steered Us Wrong)
- Death by Food Pyramid
- Adverse Reactions to Ketogenic Diets: Caution Advised
- How Ketogenic Diet Wreaks Havoc on Your Gut
Nutrivore Weekly Serving Matrix
An easy-to-use and flexible weekly checklist
to help you maximize nutrient-density.
The Weekly Serving Matrix is very helpful! I’ve been eating along these lines but this really helps me know where to focus vs. which foods serve a more secondary role. It’s super helpful and has taken a lot of worry out of my meal planning. Thanks!Jan