In this episode, we invite Matt from Thirsty Brain to talk about showering and soap and whether we’re doing it too much!
Click here to be taken to iTunes!
or download and listen by clicking the PodBean Player below
If you enjoy the show, please review it in iTunes!
The Paleo View (TPV), Episode 218: Thirsty Brain and Showering
- Intro (0:00)
- News and Views (0:40)
- This week’s topic: How often should you shower?
- I’ve determined that a 105 degree shower is actually pretty typical. And Stacy’s 95 degree showers are cold for most people. Also, neither are probably killing bacteria.
- It was actually Queen Elizabeth who took the monthly bath, but bathing habits essentially did not change from the fall of the Romans to the 20th century. Bathing once a month was a sign of luxury.
- Wiki has a great, well referenced article on body odor and sexual attraction. Including the link between ovulation and smell.
- The Witches, that wonderful Roald Dahl documentary
- While hot showers won’t kill all parasites, it is shown to kill and wash off parasites in general, helping to keep them from becoming a problem.
- How does soap work?
- Human skin temperature
- Here is the dubious Mother Dirt Probiotic soap
- For the show on bacon and cancer, go here.
- Go to iTunes for Thirsty Brain!
- Outro (47:33)