This week on The Whole View, Stacy and I rev up the outrage machine to do a deep dive into PFAS, aka “forever chemicals.” We cover what they are (a group of 9,000 man-made chemicals of which the best known are PFOA, PFOS, and PTFE), why our bodies can’t detox them, the many ways we get exposed, the well-established health detriments and mechanisms thereof, their environmental impacts, their super dodgy history, and where we are currently in terms of regulation. We also share some action-items like how to reduce your personal exposure and advocate for their use to be banned.
If you enjoy the show, please review it on iTunes
Recommended Reading and Listening
- BPA: Should We Be Worried?
- 7 Chemicals Banned in Europe That Are Allowed in the USA
- Dark Waters Movie | Official Website | Trailers and Release Dates | Focus Features
- Toxic-Free Future | Science, Advocacy, Results
- Safer Chemicals, Healthy Families
- Earthjustice: Environmental Law: Because the Earth Needs a Good Lawyer | Earthjustice
- Beautycounter advocacy