In this episode, Stacy and Sarah discuss successful methods for implementing New Year’s Resolutions and making positive changes in your life!
Click here to listen in iTunes
or download and listen by clicking the PodBean Player below
Nutrivore Weekly Serving Matrix
An easy-to-use and flexible weekly checklist
to help you maximize nutrient-density.
The Weekly Serving Matrix is very helpful! I’ve been eating along these lines but this really helps me know where to focus vs. which foods serve a more secondary role. It’s super helpful and has taken a lot of worry out of my meal planning. Thanks!Jan
If you enjoy the show, please review it in iTunes!
The Paleo View (TPV), Episode 228: New Year’s Resolutions
- Intro (0:00)
- News and Views (0:40)
- We are all ready for 2017 to happen! Bring us the New Year!
- Sarah is a planner. She’s always making new goals and commitments.
- Sarah resolves to change things all the time, not just because it’s January 1st.
- Making a process-oriented resolution or habit-oriented resolution is probably better for your success than goal-oriented resolutions. Like “I won’t eat over x number of calories” instead of “I will lose 10 pounds.”
- Challenges tend to have a time period associated with them instead of trying to form lifelong habits.
- Stacy and Matt are resolving to do more and spend less. Starting with a family trip to California. We’re going to San Francisco and Los Angeles to visit attractions like Alcatraz and Warner Brothers studio tour.
- Cole and Matt are going to Wrestlemania, which was a dream of our brother, Andrew, who passed away this month.
- We’re also doing Bruno Mars, Hamilton and Cursed Child as well! More memories over stuff!
- Sarah is going to be visiting local attractions in the new year.
- Sarah resolves to wear an apron while cooking so as to protect herself and her clothes and utilize all the aprons she already owns!
- Sarah is also going to roll out and stretch before bed every night. She will definitely feel better if she does so.
- Apparently our recommendations for the week are Westworld on HBO and Pitch on Fox.
- Stacy thinks about things in terms of where she wants to be long term instead of short term. Making small changes to affect where she will be in the future is much more helpful for her.
- If someone approaches you with their own new fad their on, respond with what you think is positive about what they’re doing instead of what’s poor. Don’t be the judgey person who tells people what they’re doing wrong.
- Separating goals from judgements is hard. Keep in mind how you are speaking and thinking about these goals.
- Do you want to do the Go To Bed Challenge with Sarah? It’s FREE in January! Sign up here.
- Good sleep habits lead to great things in every other aspect of your life!
- Baby steps and small changes will help you break down your life resolutions to get you to your goals. See Real Life Paleo for our step by step approach
- Outro (36:13)