In this episode, Stacy and Sarah talk to Angie Alt and Mickey Trescott of Autoimmune-Paleo.com and the authors of the new book The Autoimmune Wellness Handbook!
Click here to be taken to iTunes
or download and listen by clicking the PodBean Player below
Nutrivore Weekly Serving Matrix
An easy-to-use and flexible weekly checklist
to help you maximize nutrient-density.
The Weekly Serving Matrix is very helpful! I’ve been eating along these lines but this really helps me know where to focus vs. which foods serve a more secondary role. It’s super helpful and has taken a lot of worry out of my meal planning. Thanks!
If you enjoy the show, please review it in iTunes!
The Paleo View (TPV), Episode 219: The Autoimmune Wellness Handbook
- Intro (0:00)
- News and Views (0:40)
- For more on making the Harry Potter House, go to here on the decorations and here on the food.
- Our Halloweens have been epic! Check it out!
- Our Guests! Mickey Trescott and Angie Alt from Autoimmune-Paleo.com
- They’re the authors of the new Autoimmune Wellness Handbook
- They started their Autoimmune Paleo website as a community site to unite everyone in autoimmune
- Sarah met them at the Ancestral Health Symposium 2012!
- Their book is a synthesis of everything we know about autoimmune Paleo and how to implement it, not just a recipe book.
- They started with the idea of 7 steps/components of Autoimmune as the frame of their book
- They’re pro medicine when it’s helpful. Don’t dump all doctors!
- The anti-guru approach! There’s not a magic man who’s going to fix you!
- You need to take control of your own health and make your own decisions to achieve your best wellness
- Mickey and Angie encourage you to start slow and take very small steps to make it to the end.
- They’re step by step plan is very helpful to get you to the Autoimmune protocol.
- Everyone on the cast thinks that the lifestyle factors are much harder than the food components!
- Check out The Autoimmune Wellness Handbook!
- Also listen to their podcast here, their site here, and their shared Instagram!
- And check them out on tour as well!
- Outro (47:33)
Become a Member for FREE!
The Paleo Mom Members’ Area is resource central!
You’ll get FREE, unlimited access to dozens of quality resources, including introductory series, downloadable e-books, exclusive recipes, printables, videos and guides!
You may enjoy these related posts:
TPV Podcast Episode 341: Mickey Trescott of Autoimmune Wellness
In this episode, Sarah and Stacy welcome special guest, Mickey Trescott of …
TWV Podcast Episode 465: Too Many Food Restrictions?
This week on The Whole View Podcast, Stacy and I answer listener Sandy’s …
20 Keys to Success on the Autoimmune Protocol
My good friends Mickey and Angie at autoimmune-Paleo.com have created what they …
TPV Podcast, Episode 40: Practical Autoimmune Protocol
In this episode, Stacy and Sarah invite Mickey Trescott of Autoimmune Paleo, …
Autoimmune Disease: A Road That Doesn’t Need To Be Walked Alone
The American Autoimmune Related Diseases Association (AARDA) estimates that …
TPV Podcast Episode 343: Nutritional Therapy Association Conference Check-In Show
Click here to listen in iTunes or download and listen by clicking the PodBean …
Healing Hashimoto’s with Community Connection
Before I was diagnosed with Hashimoto’s thyroiditis three years ago, I never …
Featured AIP Coach: Petra Chambers-Sinclair
Meet Petra Chambers-Sinclair, MA, an inspirational AIP blogger and health coach …
TPV Podcast, Episode 77: The Paleo Approach Book Launch Celebration
In this episode, Stacy and Sarah are joined by Whitney Ross from Nutrisclerosis, …
Book Review: The Alternative Autoimmune Cookbook by Angie Alt with Jenifer Beehler
This review was written by my assistant Christina. Angie Alt of Alt-ternative …
How to Become an AIP Certified Coach
If you’re a practitioner who is passionate about improving your clients’ lives …
A Paleo Cooking Show on TV: Introducing “Paleo Bites”
I am crazy excited to finally be able to release the full pilot episode of Paleo …