In this episode, Stacy and Sarah talk to Angie Alt and Mickey Trescott of Autoimmune-Paleo.com and the authors of the new book The Autoimmune Wellness Handbook!
Click here to be taken to iTunes
or download and listen by clicking the PodBean Player below
If you enjoy the show, please review it in iTunes!
The Paleo View (TPV), Episode 219: The Autoimmune Wellness Handbook
- Intro (0:00)
- News and Views (0:40)
- Our Guests! Mickey Trescott and Angie Alt from Autoimmune-Paleo.com
- They’re the authors of the new Autoimmune Wellness Handbook
- They started their Autoimmune Paleo website as a community site to unite everyone in autoimmune
- Sarah met them at the Ancestral Health Symposium 2012!
- Their book is a synthesis of everything we know about autoimmune Paleo and how to implement it, not just a recipe book.
- They started with the idea of 7 steps/components of Autoimmune as the frame of their book
- They’re pro medicine when it’s helpful. Don’t dump all doctors!
- The anti-guru approach! There’s not a magic man who’s going to fix you!
- You need to take control of your own health and make your own decisions to achieve your best wellness
- Mickey and Angie encourage you to start slow and take very small steps to make it to the end.
- They’re step by step plan is very helpful to get you to the Autoimmune protocol.
- Everyone on the cast thinks that the lifestyle factors are much harder than the food components!
- Check out The Autoimmune Wellness Handbook!
- Also listen to their podcast here, their site here, and their shared Instagram!
- And check them out on tour as well!
- Outro (47:33)