I know that many of you already know what this book is about and as excited to see it out in the world as I am. For those of you who aren’t familiar, here is a summary:
- over 200 recipes! Each recipe includes cook time, prep time, servings, tips, variations, nutrition facts, FODMAP alerts, and a photograph for every recipe!! This huge number of recipes guarantees that there’s something for everyone!The recipes include a great variety of different types of recipes, many quick & easy recipes for busy weeknights but also recipes that are more involved and designed to deliver a sophisticated flavor. Many recipes are designed with budget in mind and many to accommodate limited time commitments for cooking. While about one third of the recipes include ingredients that might not be found at a standard grocery store (but can be easily found online, at a local Farmer’s Market or at specialty stores like Whole Foods), the other two thirds require only standard ingredients. Most of the recipes are familiar comfort foods, but there are definitely some designed to challenge your comfort zone and introduce you to new options!
- hundreds of recipe variations! So you’re never bored! Many of the recipe variations swap out harder-to-find ingredients for more accessible ones for those of you who live in areas where these ingredients aren’t easy to source.
- 6 one-week meal plans! Complete with Shopping Lists and Plan Ahead guide so you can get a head start on a busy work week. Two of the meal plans are low-FODMAP.
- summary of the Paleo Approach diet! Without all the detailed science. Includes complete food lists, budget tips, important things to keep in mind when making food choices, and where to source quality foods.
- over 100 pages of resources! Including cooking guides, kitchen How-Tos, shopping lists, food storage guides, kitchen tool essentials, cooking glossary of terms, time management strategies, how to read labels, recipe Top Ten, alphabetical Yes-No-Maybe-So list of foods, and MORE!
- 8 tear-away guides! Including the six meal plans with shopping lists and reading labels guides.
- easy navigation! Complete Table of Contents, Chapter Contents, Visual Thumbnail Index, and Complete Topic-Ingredient-Recipe Index!
Har Gow-Inspired Shrimp Balls
Har gow was my favorite dim sum dish growing up. You can enjoy these har gow–inspired shrimp balls as a snack or an appetizer, or add some vegetables to make it a meal. These also make a wonderful breakfast protein!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Servings: 16 to 20
- 1 pound raw shrimp, shelled
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1½ teaspoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder
- ¹⁄8 teaspoon salt
- ¹⁄3 cup finely chopped bamboo shoots
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, aluminum foil, or a silicone liner.
- Place the shrimp, fish sauce, coconut oil, arrowroot powder, and salt in a food processor. Process until the shrimp is finely ground.
- Add the chopped bamboo shoots and pulse once or twice to incorporate.
- Wet your hands with cold water and form the mixture into 1 to 1½-inch balls. If the mixture starts to stick to your hands, wet them again. Arrange the shrimp balls on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes, until fully cooked and pink throughout. Enjoy!
Large shrimp are typically deveined when you buy them, and small
shrimp are not. You don’t have to devein shrimp, but some people find the vein (which is actually the shrimp’s intestinal tract) to be a little bitter.
While a food processor is great for grinding shrimp, the texture of very finely hand-chopped bamboo shoots actually works much better in these shrimp balls.
Want more? The Paleo Approach Cookbook is currently available from several popular retailers: Amazon (USA), Amazon (CA), Barnes&Noble, Independent Bookstores, and Book Depository for international locations.
Don’t forget to check out the TWO HUGE giveaways that I launched last week! Their combined value is over $2400!!!!! And remember that any preview recipe from The Paleo Approach Cookbook can be used to enter the Hashtag Giveaway!