Chelsea Gold aka The Paleo Cavewoman is the creator and owner of www.thepaleocavewoman.com. She is a college student and was recently accepted to continue her education to become a Registered Dietitian. She is a self proclaimed foodie, photographer and lover of all things health and fitness. She discovered Paleo over year ago and never looked back. She transformed from 200+ pounds to a health weight.
Ready or not, the grilling season is upon us and I love grilling food. It is so easy, flavor filled and no heat or fuss in the kitchen. These Asian Chicken Skewers are my go-to appetizer that everyone loves. I’ll be the first to admit I miss Asian food more then anything, but in all honesty, these Asian Chicken Skewers are better then take out! They are packed with flavors!
- Servings: 6-7 pieces
- 1/2 cup of coconut aminos
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp crushed pepper
- Pinch of salt
- In a medium sized pot, over low heat, mix all marinade ingredients until combined (just starting to boil).
- Clean chicken (cut in to long strips if necessary).
- In a large bowl or sealable bag, place chicken and cover with marinade.
- Mix all contents so that the chicken is covered in the marinade and let marinate in refrigerator for at least 30min.
- Preheat grill to medium or preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- After 30 minutes, take long skewers and gently place them through the middle of the piece of chicken.
- Sprinkle a pinch of shredded coconut over each piece.
- Place on hot grill or on racked baking sheet for about 20 minutes
- Flip every 5 minutes for even cooking or until completely cooked through.