Marissa is a wife, believer, and real-food enthusiast. She is healing her body through the autoimmune protocol to fight IBS, eczema, leaky gut, and difficulty sleeping. She is a nutritional therapist practitioner in training and loves helping people to see that real food can be utterly delicious and healing. In her spare time she loves hiking, painting, board games, drinking tea, and geeking out over nutrition and chemical-free skincare. For more Paleo/AIP lifestyle and recipe ideas, follow Marissa’s blog, Joy-filled Nourishment. Marissa enjoys engaging with her readers on social media as well. Find her on Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, and Facebook.
There is nothing better than a cold glass of lemonade on a hot summer day. I love that this recipe utilizes fresh berries and is simple to put together! The refreshing combination of raspberries and blackberries combined with the subtle hint of fresh mint leaves will quench your thirst and delight your taste buds!
This recipe is great for casual get-togethers and dinner parties alike with its simplicity and flavor profile. So what are you waiting for?! Make and enjoy this thirst quenching and fun beverage today!
- Prep time: 15 minutes (plus additional time to chill in fridge)
- Yields: 12 cups
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- 9.5 cups filtered water, divided
- 1 cup lemon juice (you can use 8-10 lemons or 100% lemon juice)
- 3/4 cup raw honey
- 12 mint leaves
- Puree raspberries and blackberries in a food processor and strain berry compote through a fine mesh strainer to get rid of the seeds. This should yield ~ 1 cup.
- Put berry compote on stove in a medium sized pot and combine with 1/2 cup filtered water, lemon juice, raw honey and mint leaves. Whisk to combine while bringing to a gentle boil over medium high heat.
- Immediately after it starts to gently boil, take off heat and let cool before chilling in fridge. (Makes ~3 cups compote)
- After compote has finished chilling in the fridge, remove the mint leaves and combine compote with 9 cups filtered water, stirring to combine. Serve chilled with ice and fresh raspberries and blackberries as a garnish if desired. Enjoy!