This simple chicken dish is quick to put together and makes a perfect mid-week meal when time in the kitchen is not the easiest thing to find. It has a souvlaki-inspired flavor and works really well with salad, simply steamed or roasted veggies, and cauliflower rice. This dish works really well with boneless skinless chicken breast or thigh meat, but you could use any chicken pieces/parts you like for this dish (with or without the skin). You will have to cook about 10 minutes longer for thighs or breasts with bone. Serves 5-6.
200+ Healthy and Delicious Recipes
20 Meal Plans for a variety of goals
I LOVE this book. The science is awesome. I’ve learned a ton without feeling overwhelmed. The paleo principles just takes my understanding to the next level!!!Janet
- 3 lbs chicken, cut into parts (boneless, skinless breast or thigh works particularly well)
- zest of 1 lemon
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 Tbsp dried oregano (or substitute 3 Tbsp fresh oregano)
- 1/4 tsp salt to taste
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin coconut oil (or substitute butter or ghee) plus a little extra for greasing the pan
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease the bottom of a large casserole dish or deep roasting pan.
- Pat chicken dry with paper towel and place in the prepared casserole dish.
- Combine lemon zest, garlic, oregano, and salt. Melt coconut oil and mix with spices. Pour over chicken and mix to coat (this is easiest using your hands).
- Arrange chicken in a single layer and bake for 30 minutes, or until fully cooked.
- Optional: drizzle fresh lemon juice over the chicken before eating.