Accelerate your journey to wellness with these top-quality online courses, taught by Dr. Sarah Ballantyne, PhD.
Award-winning public speaker, New York Times bestselling author and world-renowned health expert, Dr. Sarah Ballantyne, PhD (aka The Paleo Mom) believes the key to reversing the current epidemics of chronic disease is scientific literacy.
Using her medical research background, Dr. Sarah creates educational resources that help people regain their health through diet and lifestyle choices informed by the most current evidenced-based scientific research.
The AIP Lecture Series
The Autoimmune Protocol Lecture Series is a 6-week video-based, self-directed intensive online course in which Dr. Sarah teaches you the scientific foundation for the diet and lifestyle tenets of the Autoimmune Protocol, plus provide tons of tips and strategies for implementation, refinement, reintroductions and troubleshooting!
The AIP Lecture Series is the ultimate Autoimmune Protocol educational experience! Learn directly from Dr. Sarah!
You’ll get access to 42 on-demand video lectures (totaling 16 hours!), dozens of printables guides, daily self-discovery exercises, interactive quizzes and even an online forum to connect with Dr. Sarah herself, join group discussions, ask your questions and get personalized guidance and support!
Foundations of Health Collection
The Foundations of Health Collection is a comprehensive compilation of four online courses
- Introduction to Nutritional Sciences
- Therapeutic Paleo Approach
- Healthy Weight Loss
- Gut Health Fundamentals
plus an awesome bonus lecture on Fad Diet Recovery, not available anywhere else!
Expand your health knowledge on a wide range of topics relevant to you—from how to evaluate scientific studies, to therapeutic diet and lifestyle, to leaky gut and gut microbiome health, to sustainable weight loss, and much more!!!
This online course includes approximately 15 hours of video lecture by Dr. Sarah, including downloadable and printable PDFs of her 650(!) presentations slides.
Lean in to challenging and controversial topics, including busting some common myths that can actually harm your health instead of improve it. In the age of the internet, misinformation, and crafty marketing campaigns, it’s more important than ever to be empowered with knowledge and the ability to critically assess claims.
Introduction to Nutritional Sciences
In this online course, Dr. Sarah examines the history of nutritional sciences and the sources of the flaws in previous dietary guidelines, and discusses the merits and limitations of different types of scientific studies, statistical analyses, and the importance of scientific consensus.
This online course includes 1 1/2 hours of video lecture by Dr. Sarah, including downloadable and printable PDFs of her presentations slides. The topics covered in detail include:
- History of nutritional sciences and dietary guidelines
- Nutrients vs. special interests
- The rise in chronic illness
- The scientific burden of proof: theory vs. hypothesis
- What we can learn from different types of scientific studies
- The meaning of “statistical significance”
- Scientific consensus vs. cherry picking
Dietary guidelines have failed the public, increasing the incidence of most chronic illnesses rather than decreasing preventable diseases known to be linked to diet and lifestyle choices. To move forward, it helps to understand where we’ve come from, which is why Dr. Sarah teaches the history of nutritional sciences and how dietary guidelines have been influenced by scientists versus special interests over the last 100 years. In order to emphasize the importance of unbiased integration of scientific research into dietary guidelines of the future, Dr. Sarah also explains the meaning of scientific consensus, the weight of the evidence from different types of scientific studies, statistical significance, and the current state of nutritional sciences research.
Therapeutic Paleo Approach
In this online course, Dr. Sarah examines the foundational diet and lifestyle principals to optimally support human health with an emphasis on high quality scientific evidence and both universal truths and bioindividuality.
Expanding on this foundation, Dr. Sarah further reviews scientifically-proven diet and lifestyle factors to reduce risks of cardiovascular disease, diabetes, cancer, obesity, metabolic syndrome, asthma, Alzheimer’s disease, chronic kidney disease and autoimmune disease.
This online course includes 5 hours of video lecture by Dr. Sarah, including downloadable and printable PDFs of her presentations slides. The topics covered in detail include:
- Nutrient requirements of biological systems
- Prevalence and sources of nutrient deficiencies
- Top sources of nutrients commonly deficient
- Designing a nutrient-sufficient diet (surprise! it’s the Paleo diet!)
- Sleep as a linchpin of health
- Impact of stress on health
- Activity balance and health
- Connection and health
- Diet vs. Lifestyle: priorities and synergy
- Nutrient, diet and lifestyle links to the top mortality- and morbidity-causing chronic illnesses
- An introduction to the Autoimmune Protocol
Gut Health Fundamentals
In this online course, Dr. Sarah dives deep into gut barrier and gut microbiome health, highlighting how the health of our gut impacts our overall health, and gut health nutrients, superfoods and lifestyle factors that support a healthy and diverse gut microbiome and robust gut barrier.
This online course includes 3 3/4 hours of video lecture by Dr. Sarah, including downloadable and printable PDFs of her presentations slides. The topics covered in detail include:
- How gut health impacts whole health
- The gut barrier and the gut microbiome
- Nutrients for gut barrier health
- Food compounds that damage the gut barrier
- The influence of lifestyle on the gut barrier
- Supplements for gut barrier health
- Why we need a healthy gut microbiome (and what that looks like)
- Optimal diet for a healthy gut microbiome
- Food compounds that feed gut dysbiosis
- Gut microbiome superfoods
- How lifestyle factors alter gut bacteria
- Keys to gut health
Healthy Weight Loss
Almost every diet ever studied can result in weight loss, but maintaining lost weight is extremely difficult. Why? Because most conventional approaches to weight loss lower your metabolism while increasing hunger, a recipe for weight gain and yo-yo dieting. In fact, there’s scientifically-proven limitations of low-carb, ketogenic, low-fat and low-calorie diet approaches!
That’s why it’s so important to lose weight in a healthy way, preserving hormone regulation and basal metabolic rate, leading not just to weight loss success but weight loss maintenance over the long term.
This online course includes 2 1/2 hours of video lecture by Dr. Sarah, including downloadable and printable PDFs of her presentations slides. The topics covered in detail include:
- Overweight and obesity: definitions and implications
- Smart goal setting and measuring weight loss success
- Why maintaining weight loss is so hard
- Busting diet myths (the problems with keto, low-carb, low-fat, and low-calorie)
- Nutrients that aid fat metabolism
- Obesity and the gut microbiome
- Lifestyle factors that contribute to weight gain
- How to lose weight in a healthy way (so it’s easy to maintain)