I am so so thrilled that this day is finally here! It’s the official launch of my new Vital Proteins product, Dr. Sarah Ballantyne’s Collagen Veggie Blend!
For the last few weeks I’ve been enjoying updates on the #VitalVeggies hashtag from those of you who pre-ordered Collagen Veggie Blend, and from a few friends who I asked to test the product early on. The feedback has been PHENOMENAL! Here are a few of my favorites!
I collaborated with Vital Proteins to create this new, fully AIP product to be something like an instant green smoothie: each serving has 3 servings of organic veggies, 1 serving of organic high-antioxidant fruit, and 20 grams of protein from grass-fed collagen peptides. It contains no sugars, no sweeteners, no stevia, no emulsifiers, no dyes, no flavors. Just 11 USDA organic fruits and vegetables and collagen. Read more about it in Announcing My NEW Vital Proteins Product! and DIY Collagen Veggie Blend.
The best part is that you’ve told me Collagen Veggie Blend is doing exactly what I designed it to do—help you meet your daily veggie serving goals when you’re busy, sick, traveling, running after kids, or unable to cook for any other reason.
It stirs easily into water so you don’t need special equipment to enjoy it. And, it’s pretty impressively packed with nutrition. One serving has 21 grams of protein, 6 grams of fiber (that 25% of your RDA!), 220% of the RDA for vitamin A (as carotenoids), 300% of the RDA for vitamin C, an impressive 35% of the RDA of folate, 15% of the RDA for potassium, and 10% each of the RDA of calcium and iron… all for 150 calories and 7 grams of sugars all naturally-occurring in the included fruits and vegetables. It’s designed to be a nutrient-dense AIP on-the-go food and a super easy way for anyone who struggles to eat enough veggies to hit their 8-a-day minimum!
I personally have been enjoying Collagen Veggie Blend straight up, and I blend it with some banana, strawberries and ice for a smoothie for my kids. This blend is truly so versatile; Vital Proteins and I very intentionally kept the fruit servings of the blend to a minimum, so that you can control the sweetness by adding honey or additional fruit, and so that you can layer it with your favorite flavors. To highlight the amazing recipe-creating talent in this community and the versatility of this blend, I’m excited to announce the Collagen Veggie Blend Recipe Contest!
Details & Prizes:
- I will be selecting 8 finalists out of all the recipe submissions and sharing them on this website
- Readers will then pick their 4 favorite submissions
- The 4 winners will receive 6 tubs of Collagen Veggie Blend AND have their recipe included in a special printed booklet that will arrive along with every tub of Collagen Veggie Blend!
- The 4 remaining finalists will receive a Collagen Veggie Blend Essentials Pack
Who Can Enter?
- Anyone! You do not need to have a website or blog; this is open to everyone.
- Your recipe must feature Collagen Veggie Blend as an ingredient.
- Photos are just as important as the recipe itself. If your new to food photography, I highly recommend you check out the e-book, Tasty Food Photography. Most smartphones have excellent cameras now, so no need to worry about a bunch of fancy equipment if you are a newbie.
- Submit your recipe by June 1st via e-mail to email@example.com with attachments as detailed below.
- Title your email “Submission for Collagen Veggie Blend Recipe Contest”
- Attach your recipe in a Word document (not google.docs)
- Pleases use this format for your recipes:
- Number of servings
- Detailed instructions
- Attach 2 recipe photos to your email, two of your recipe, one horizontal and one landscape
- Attach 1 headshot/profile style photo (please don’t send additional photos)
- In the body of your email include a short bio and link to your blog, if you have one.
- Make sure total attachment size is less than 10 MB.
- Submissions will be accepted until midnight ET on June 1st, 2017.
Put on your best recipe creation hats, because this contest is sure to get creative and wild! I can’t wait to see your fantastic submissions.
Best of luck!