You probably have already figured out just how ridiculously impressed I am with Mickey Trescott’s new autoimmune protocol cookbook: The Autoimmune Paleo Cookbook . This book is jam packed with 110 absolutely delicious recipes that anyone will enjoy, but tailored to those of us following this super strict modification of the paleo diet. The best part? You won’t feel like you are being restricted when you taste Mickey’s recipes! That is why I am so excited to share yet another recipe preview from Mickey’s book with all of you!
Have you been wondering if this cookbook is worth it? You can read my full review here. The feedback from those of you who have purchased her cookbook has been overwhelmingly positive. And, I couldn’t agree more.
Coconut Crusted Cod with Mango Salsa
Ingredients for the Cod:
- 24 oz. cod fillet, cut into 2 inch thick strips
- 1 1/2 cups of coconut flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. of ginger powder
- 1/4 tsp. of salt
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 cup finely shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
Ingredients for the Salsa:
- 1 large mango, peeled and diced
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 1/2 small red onion, diced
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lime, juiced
1. Combine all of the mango salsa ingredients and set aside.
2. Wash, dry, and debone the cod fillets.
3. Combine the coconut flour, ginger powder and salt on a plate or shallow bowl. Place the coconut milk in another shallow bowl, as well as the shredded coconut. Dip the cod strips into the coconut milk, then the coconut flour mixture, back into the coconut milk, and finally into the shredded coconut, paying special attention to creating a thick breading.
4. Heat the coconut oil in the bottom of a skillet on high heat. When it is hot, cook the cod strips for five minutes a side depending on thickness of the fish, or until the top and bottom are nice and browned and the fish is cooked throughout. Once the cod strips are in the pan, try not to fuss with them too much – because there is no egg in the breading, they are a little delicate.
5. Serve with mango salsa.
[cc_button link=”https://www.e-junkie.com/ecom/gb.php?cl=246631&c=ib&aff=236358″]Buy The Autoimmune Paleo Cookbook Now![/cc_button]