Beets seem to be one of those veggies that people with love or hate, but they are so increadibly nutritious (including being a very rich source of vitamin B9 and manganese with compelling amounts of vitamin A, vitamin B1, vitamin B2, vitamin B3, vitamin B5, vitamin B6, vitamin C, calcium, potassium, magnesium, phosphorous, zinc, copper, selenium and being a source of betaine which aids detoxification processes!) that it’s worth experimenting with recipes to find a way that you do enjoy them! This is one of my absolute favorite ways to enjoy beets!
There’s something about the sweet versus sour combination of balsamic vinegar and roasted beets that’s absolutely divine! Plus, this recipe is crazy simple, especially if you’ve already got something like a roast chicken in the oven already! You can also easily bake these beets in a slightly hotter or colder oven, adjusting the cooking time, making it a great dish to share the oven with other sides or the main attraction of your meal!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes to 1 hour
Serves: 4 to 6
- 6 to 8 medium beets, quartered
- 2 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbs extra-virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 tsp salt or truffle salt
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lay a large piece of aluminum foil in a baking dish, lifting the sides to create an edge all the way around
- Combine the beets, vinegar, coconut oil, and salt. Pour into the foil. Fold the edges of the foil up and over the beets to make a pocket for the beets to cook in, sealing the edges closed. (Alternatively, you can use a greased baking dish with a lid).
- Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, until the beets are tender (it depends on the size of your beets)