TRIBALÍ Foods, Inc. is the vision of Angela Bicos Mavridis. A 35-year vegetarian turned meat eater and daughter of a restauranteur, Angela founded the company to fill a need in the market for an individually portioned, tasty patty with high-quality ingredients she could trust. As a kid in her grandmother’s kitchen, Angela discovered the nurturing power of real foods. Today, as a single mother of 3, her recipes are a flavorful celebration of simple ingredients gathered from nature and seasoned with loving care that make healthier eating easier for everyone. Today I am excited to share her recipe and introduce you to her awesome high quality and convenient product!
TRIBALÍ combines convenience, quality and taste in a product that’s ideal for busy families. Instead of spending the better part of an hour creating my own patties to freeze, I just pull them out of the freezer and I’m good to go. Dinner is literally on the table in ten minutes!
They are 100% organic grass-fed and finished, pasture-raised beef or 100% organic free-range, air chilled chicken. Their animals are raised humanely without antibiotics or hormones and made with absolutely no binders, fillers, or preservatives. And of course, they are non-GMO and free of gluten, dairy, and soy, plus they’re Paleo Certified and Whole30 Approved. Choose from Umami Beef, Mediterranean-Style Beef or Chipotle Chicken, and get 10% off your order of TRIBALÍ with code trytribali!
Sweet Potato Fried Rice with Umami Beef
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- ¼ cup chopped onions
- 3 large sweet potatoes, peeled and shredded
- 1 cup chopped green beans
- ½ cup chopped carrots
- 2 eggs
- salt to taste
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ cup Coconut Aminos
- 4 Tribalí Umami Beef Patties
- Place a large skillet over medium high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and let that heat up. Then add chopped onions and let co ok for about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add in your sweet potato rice and let cook for about 6 minutes, stirring occasionally until it starts to get tender Add green beans and carrots and stir to combine. Cover and let cook for another 4 minutes until everything is tender.
- Make a well in the middle of the pan by pushing the sweet potato mix against the sides. In a small bowl mix eggs with a pinch of salt and a few grinds of pepper.Pour egg mixture into the well of the pan and stir them occasionally, trying not to combine with the sweet potato mix.
- Once eggs are scrambled, stir them togetherwith the sweet potato mix.Add in ½ teaspoon pepper, ½ teaspoon garlic powder and coconut aminos. Season to taste with salt if necessary. Stir to combine and season more to taste if necessary.
- Cook the Tribalí Umami Beef Patties according to package directions and serve on top of the fried rice.