January 11, 2013 in Show Notes
Our twenty-first show!
Ep. 21: Sugar Detox
In this episode, Stacy and Sarah are both doing the 21 day sugar detox, so most of this episode centers around sugar and how it affects the body. They talk about their experiences giving up sugar this month and whether that has been difficult for them. Additionally, Stacy talks about her “No Spend” challenge and how that’s going for her as well. Finally, we take your questions about living a paleo lifestyle!
Click the picture above to be taken to iTunes
or download and listen by clicking the PodBean player below
If you enjoy the show, please review it in iTunes!
The Paleo View (TPV), Episode 21: Sugar Detox
- 0:00 – Introduction
- 1:07 – News and Views
- Stacy has started crossfit!
- Sarah and Stacy are both on the 21-Day Sugar Detox
- Paleo Parents 21DSD-approved Ice Cream
- Sarah is also on the autoimmune protocol (Modifying Paleo for Autoimmune Conditions (i.e., The Autoimmune Protocol)) and has to be careful of starches due to SIBO (Modifying Paleo for Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth) and FODMAPS (Modifying Paleo for FODMAP-Intolerance (a.k.a. Fructose Malabsorption)
- Sarah is a firm believer in eating organ meat: Why Everyone Should Be Eating Organ Meat
- Check out Sarah’s organ meat recipes: http://www.thepaleomom.com/
- And don’t forget to pre-order Beyond Bacon!
- 24:38 – Science with Sarah: Sugar Digestion
- Sarah explains the difference between sugar and complex carbohydrates in terms of digestion. Sarah accidentally said table sugar is glucose. It’s not, it’s sucrose (which is a disaccharide made up of one glucose and one fructose).
- Sugar The Bitter Truth http://www.youtube.com/watch?
- Fruit is okay. See http://chriskresser.com/ask-
- The Paleo Answer by Prof. Loren Cordain
- Paleo Parent’s Date Roll recipe
- 37:12 – Questions and Answers
- 37:12 – Q&A
- We start with an update from Laurie!
- 40:08 – Question 1 what to take for low blood sugar with Type 1 diabetes?
- 49:14 – Ingrid has burning pain in her legs going up stairs.
- 59:42 – Maranda wants to know if coffee is bad for her
- Coffee is a gluten cross-reactor Gluten Cross-Reactivity: How your body can still think you’re eating gluten even after giving it up.
- Sarah on The Pros and Cons of Coffee
- Diane Sanfilippo on adrenal fatigue (and how coffee relates) on episodes 15 and episode 39 of Balanced Bites Podcast
- 1:09:21 – Quick update on no spend month
- 37:12 – Q&A
- 1:19:37 – Outro
Support us by shopping on Amazon (below) or Donating through Paypal (below) or shopping through links on our sidebars, please!