These no-bake cookies are based on one my mom used to make when we were kids that was nuts and oats held together with chocolate. This paleo version ditches the dairy ingredients and the rolled oats. It’s almost like a super nutty chocolate bark. I like it as little haystacks but you could make it even simpler by spreading it out onto a cookie sheet and then breaking apart pieces like chocolate bark. Or you could put them is simple candy molds if you want to get fancy. You can use semisweet, bittersweet or even super dark chocolate, depending on your preference. Makes: 1 dozen
- 2 oz Semisweet or Bittersweet Chocolate
- 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- ¼ cup Shredded Unsweetened Coconut
- ½ cup Sliced Almonds
- ¼ cup Walnuts, chopped
1. Line a baking sheet or large plate with parchment paper or wax paper. Combine coconut, almonds and walnuts in a measuring cup or bowl.
2. Melt chocolate and coconut oil together in a large glass bowl in the microwave on medium power.
3. Stir in nuts into chocolate mixture.
4. Drop spoonfuls onto baking sheet while still warm. Refrigerate until set.
Do you need help finding any ingredients? Check out Important Pantry Items for the Paleo Baker.