Our eighty-sixth show!
Ep. 86, Chris Kresser
In this episode of The Paleo View, Sarah and Stacy are joined by Chris Kresser to chat about some of the main topics from his book, Your Personal Paleo Code. The three also reflect on the paleo community as a whole, and how the science and hot topics have evolved over time.
Click the picture above to be taken to iTunes
or download and listen by clicking the PodBean player below
If you enjoy the show, please review it in iTunes!
The Paleo View (TPV), Episode 86, Chris Kresser
- 0:00 – Introduction
- 0:47 – News & Views
- Welcome Chris Kresser!
- The gang caught up and Sarah shared on how her hormone balancing and adrenal fatigue protocol are coming along
- If you don’t know who Chris is, he runs the site ChrisKresser.com, previously The Healthy Skeptic, and he has been coined as one of the original paleo godfathers
- He is known for bringing awareness to nutrient density and some of the Weston A. Price principles
- Over time, and as the subject was emphasized in his New York Times Best Selling Book The Paleo Code, Chris has become known for educating the masses on how to customize their paleo diet to support their individual health history and goals
- Chris can also be found through his podcast, Revolution Health Radio
- Stacy recently successfully reintroduced eggs and is thrilled over this progress
- Sarah talked more about her trial and error with food introductions and Chris shared his thoughts on her findings
- (15:45) The Paleo Code
- Elimination dieting and how it evolves as your health evolves
- The exciting change in the hot topics in the paleo community – anti-inflammatory and nutrient dense foods
- Evolution and how it has impacted the diversity within a paleo template
- What foods are not going to work for majority of people – tolerating vs. thriving on
- Properly preparing legumes and non-gluten containing grains
- Stacy’s feelings towards the way that Rob and Chris have evolved their opinions as research evolves
- The importance of lifestyle choices
- A huge thank you to Chris for joining this week’s show!
- 58:13 – Outro