Can you tell that I love salmon? I do. I love the flavor and how healthy it is! And wild caught pink salmon is especially easy to find inexpensively (check the frozen fish section of your grocery store). I especially love to poach salmon since it’s so easy and can really enhance the flavor of the fish. Poached salmon is one of my staple weeknight meals. And while it’s faster and better if poached fresh/thawed, it can even be poached from frozen, which makes it one of my emergency meals for days when I didn’t get a chance to prepare anything ahead of time.
- Juice and grated rind from ½ lemon.
- 2 Tbsp fresh dill, chopped (or about 1 Tbsp dried dill)
- 1/3 cup water
- 2-3 6-7oz salmon fillets
- Place lemon juice, grated lemon rind, dill and water into the bottom of a large saucepan or skillet.
- Add salmon fillets to the pan. Bring to a boil over high heat and then cover and reduce temperature to maintain a simmer.
- Simmer covered for 12-15 minutes, until salmon is fully cooked and opaque throughout. Enjoy!